The "Head Injury " Rule

When the play is stopped, VAR should look at it straight away amd if the player received the slightest of touch to his face yet reacts like Lee Harvey Oswald is in the stadium, then VAR should instruct the ref to dish out a yellow card.
It's the only way to stop it
And then you have fans up in arms about the game being refereed by VAR.

The doctor assessment idea is a good one and makes sense in that if the injury is deemed serious enough to warrant play being stopped, then only a medical professional is competent enough to determine whether that is the case or not. During that time VAr could review the incident and if deemed frivolous, instruct a yellow, all without further delaying the game.

I said to Mrs Vienna, when the Villa player, I think it was, went down holding his face, though he hadn’t been hit anywhere near it, that the FA and/or Premier League should bring in retroactive bans.

They have the tools, in the many cameras around the grounds that it could be easily policed.
And, it would only take a small handful of 1 match bans to stop it…just like most of the shit that gets pulled these days.

Remember when Ben Thatcher was banned, even though the rules said there could not be any retrospective action due to receiving a yellow card? The rules are made up as we go along, so fix the constant, shameful and pathetic “men” rolling around as if pole-axed by the air wafting them as the opponent gets by! So over it!!!

Also goalkeepers going down pretending to be injured after a goal has been conceded so that the rest of the team can have a team talk from the manager while he has treatment.

A lot of blame need to go to limesmen

They do a lot of food work fighting scurvy, but I agree with regards to head injuries they are hopeless

But hard to argue against this. It's cheating, worse it's putting at risk a colleague who does have a serious head injury by lowering patience, acceptance and understanding of potential head injury situations, just to gain your team and advantage. Crying wolf, basically.

Off the field would solve it but disadvantage any team with an actually injured player. Whilst you'd hope that a quick check and recommendation for playing on or subbed is possible, I'm not sure you're actually supposed to move someone with a suspected head injury though, so could be some players specifically taking advantage of that too as they know the initial check has to take place regardless.

So I think we're stuck with the process for checking for extent of injury, and that brings into question retrospective action for cheating. How do you prove it? I mean, we all know really and often it's the same culprits, but what if this occasion literally is the time that one player does have a serious concussion? Often these players themselves initiate the contact to go down on purpose. There may have been contact, can you take a chance? They know it and they abuse it.

I think we're stuck with what we have, but refs should insist on players leaving the field. If I was the official, I'd sure want my arse cover in cases of serious head injury, and asking them to leave the field after an initial check is the best way.

I can eventually see technology and monitoring coming into this. Players who show irregularities in heart or brain functions and game stopped. But players and clubs will still find a way to cheat, it has become ingrained as a 'tactic' especially when facing superior opponents.

Last edited:
I said last week players should have to leave the field for an HIA - like they do in rugby union.
They'd soon stop throwing themselves to the ground.

Arse have two tactics.
One is the head injury to break up a teams momentum.
The other's, the keeper getting an injury.
Last week Ramsdale was warming up just as we began to assert a modicum of control.
Raya started to signal to the bench and I reckon they were about to use the 'injury' to get a 'timeout'. However it didn't happen for one reason or another.
They also all immediately run to Arteta. to have team talk. It's a fkin joke.

Obviously a tactical ploy ,as soon as we seem to be going through the gears it’s feign injury to slow the game right back down and stop momentum…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.