the i'm not renewing thread

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
squirtyflower said:
I'm in two minds this season.....I think I'll bin it off and save my money to buy overpriced tickets for our annual trips to Wembley. This year its been disheartening watching non season ticket holders go to the semi and the final after getting tickets from various non official sources and fans like me and my daughter who narrowly missed out because of financial and loyalty points restraints. Sorry rant over ;)
join the FA Cup scheme
I can hardly afford the basic s/c!
the cup scheme is free

Lavinda Past said:
What a load of old bollocks.

If you love City and you can get to the match, you'll go. A seasoncard is the cheapest and most convenient way to see every home game. The DD payment scheme is a Godsend.

I've already renewed our three seasoncards (Adult + two kids) in CB3. We'll just do without something else to make sure Mrs Lavinda can pay for them (again) ;)

We travel from Norfolk to games - A near 400-mile round trip... Around 50 quid's worth of fuel + parking, food etc and W&T on the car. We only missed the WBA game this year, due to a work commitment. The kids didn't speak to me for two days.

A season's worth of MCFC home games for the same price as a week or two on some overrated beach...

I could live without the expense of going to Wembley again but I can't imagine not renewing our seasoncards.
I don't think you could be more condescendingly if you tried

squirtyflower said:
I'm in two minds this season.....I think I'll bin it off and save my money to buy overpriced tickets for our annual trips to Wembley. This year its been disheartening watching non season ticket holders go to the semi and the final after getting tickets from various non official sources and fans like me and my daughter who narrowly missed out because of financial and loyalty points restraints. Sorry rant over ;)
join the FA Cup scheme
Which can easily be done on the website

alib said:
squirtyflower said:
join the FA Cup scheme

I had no problem whatsoever joining the cup scheme. I suspect the 'website issues' could be no more than an urban myth...

jma said:
jay_mcfc said:
jma said:
You have to question the motivation of these people whose decisions on whether they think it is worthwhile going to watch City is based upon whether they can watch a high standard of football.

All these "for the standard of football it's ok" merchants are presumably inferring that if City went back to being shit they would reconsider their support as they go for the quality of football on show and not to support the club they have supported for year and would do so whatever the circumstances.

The reason that football fans can be ripped off more than any other market is that most of them would go and watch their team, no matter what the circumstances. And are therefore ripe for being exploited.

Fair play to the sad bastards though who break that mould and whose thoughts on prices and whether they want to attend at City is motivated by such shallow stuff as "they only lose one or two a season". They are sticking it to the man, really. With a thought process like that they'll fuck it off straight away if the team drops. You obviously won't catch them being mugs and paying to watch a shit team cos they decide based on success. The money men won't stuff them.

Ridiculous post.

Would you pay £900 to watch Lincoln?

No. Everyone has a price that they consider either too much of a rip off to watch football or that they just cannot afford.

I consider £900 too much of a rip off to watch my football team.

However, if I were a Lincoln fan, whilst I would not stop going because of the standard of football on show not meeting the price.

Are you suggesting that Lincoln fans are less committed than City fans and don't consider their club to be worth as much to them as City fan's do theirs?

Proper Lincoln fans would rather go to watch Lincoln any day of the week than come and watch City smash Norwich. So why would they consider a more expensive ticket at City to be better value than a similarly priced ticket at Lincoln? They are Lincoln fans. They want to watch Lincoln. It is their club and represents their city. Watching them is just as valuable to them as watching City is to a City fan. Price, until it gets out of the range they are willing to pay, does little to affect that.

well said pal

im half and half im in the family stand with my lad who doesn't wanna go next season, wont get back in the CB and dunno if I fancy sitting on my own lol, considering blue, and champions league scheme and pick and choose games as I wish

Lavinda Past said:
alib said:
squirtyflower said:
join the FA Cup scheme

I had no problem whatsoever joining the cup scheme. I suspect the 'website issues' could be no more than an urban myth...
i've not tried it yet as I'm still waiting for mrs sf to tell me whether she wants the metro ticket as well
her response "why, when are the seasoncards up for renewal?"
finger on the pulse as always

peoffrey said:
Scottyboi said:
And proper fat I'm alright jacks like you too.

I'm not fat, Scotty. It's relaxed muscle.

You've got me wrong with that comment though. In another post, I fully admit to having NOTHING else in my life to get up for of a weekend aside from City. There's little other drains on my disposable income once the bills are paid so I spend almost everything on City. I don't recall the last time I had a proper night out, went for a meal, had a good shopping trip or booked a Holiday. City are coming first.

Trust me, saving £275 this month and next month ensures I'm thinking carefully for the rest of the summer.

-- Sat May 18, 2013 1:27 pm --

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Thats a bit different though mate, saving for a house decimates a third of my wage so that I can buy a house sooner rather than later.
Next time I see you I will explain why I cant justify a seasoncard. Anyway we need a new London supporters pub to be able to go to anyway

You don't need to explain anything to me. If you aren't considering a Seasoncard then you aren't. It's your decision.

CADs in Paddington was a laugh for the Derby. It seems to attract all sorts of people which is a certainty given the area. Beer wasn't much more than £3 a pint either.

Ah you see I am exploring many avenues of a season card, might even share one with someone from Manchester, might only get crap games in but would make me go. Farringdon was a strange place also so im sure Paddington will be fine

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.