The knives are out for City

Impossible to say how this will end up.

CIty have deep pockets though and the charges against us seem to be partially driven by politics. In the end, I think that we are saddled with a (big) fine.

It's hard to see what will happen but it has to be remembered that the Premier League and other authorities are effectively taking on a country. I'm sure that Abu Dhabi will be able to pressure governments as all it takes is for Abu Dhabi to revise their future investments and suddenly things change. This also sets a precedent for future investors because nobody will invest in the Premier League if there are no rewards from that investment.

Obviously what's morally right is a different story but you don't really find morals in football and money always turns morals into mud. Even FFP and the new regulations do not exist to protect or help fans. If anything over the years it has been more than proven that the Premier League and other football authorities couldn't really give a toss about the fans.

This is all about who controls the money and how much cut they're getting. You can't even trust the journalists and pundits who commentate on the issue. How many of them took money from Qatar despite speaking out against a Qatari World Cup? The whole thing is just laughable.
Well done, you've just written the narrative for opposing fans/journalists for when we are exonerated

I do occasionally to post, not often, as I don’t think it’s my place to start giving it large. So I miss some stuff.
You certainly missed this one!

By the way; there's nothing stopping you from going on the main forum. You can go on there without "giving it large", you know.

I am convinced this is a witch hunt.
I believe the club is innocent.
I implicitly trust Khaldoon our chairman.
However I am concerned that the PL will try and hang us out to dry on one or more spurious charges, mainly because of the media attention and pressure from our conpetitors and will feel obligated to punish us somehow.
My concern is completely irrelevant to my support.

I am convinced this is a witch hunt.
I believe the club is innocent.
I implicitly trust Khaldoon our chairman.
However I am concerned that the PL will try and hang us out to dry on one or more spurious charges, mainly because of the media attention and pressure from our conpetitors and will feel obligated to punish us somehow.
My concern is completely irrelevant to my support.
We will fail on non co operation as already been to court to try to limit disclosure but were ordered to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.