The Lions in New Zealand thread for the 2017 tour.

Brilliant achievement by the Lions to draw the series. Most pundits were predicting a 3-0 whitewash.

Why didn't they go for touch instead of the penalty with 3 minutes to go?

May as well have go all out for the win no?

Anyway what a great result for the Lions, amazing that they can get together for a few weeks every four years and be the equals of the best team in the world.

The last goal? Had to go for the posts and get the points, try to get the ball and see if you can get another penalty or a drop goal. No question about that call.

I guess none of the NZ players play series like this, where a drawn series is a possibility.

Everyone will be in 'if only' mode.

Poite let off the Lions but considering the 30000000000000 decisions NZ normally get just for being NZ then tough shit.

Fantastic series, summed up with those two late plays/calls - the potential penalty for the All Blacks and then the breakaway we had and wasted with the knock on.

Breathless and brilliant from both sides.

On the balance of the game you would have to say the All Blacks probably deserved a little more and we got lucky at the end with the penalty call being downgraded but they get the refs on their sides more than they dont so they can hardly complain.

We gritted it out because after 30 mins we could have been 3-4 tries down but grit it out we did and we grew into the game.

All the lads stood out and they should all be proud.

Such a bizarre feeling at the end of that game. Should be happy with a draw against that team, the quality and strength in depth is astounding.

Great game as well, with quite a few uncharacteristic errors.

I actually think England will have a chance against the ABs.

I'd go for Murray or Itoje as Man of the Series, both were excellent and consistent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.