The MEN Pink

I have an image ( maybe an imagined one ) of him always having a big fuck off cigar in his gob whenever I’d bump into him on away trips.
I was there 89/90 straight from school and he was on the pipe then. He was a Blackpool fan too I was led to believe.

Yes he was. Always had a pipe(not crack) in his gob. A very nice man as I recall. They all were, David Meeke(Utd reporter) was very polite and softly spoken whilst Paul Ince was the gobby one who you could have a joke with. I was a messenger/runner when I left school and ended up in the Sports Dept for the first few months. Proper journalists,nit like the click bait rats of today who just copy n paste stories from twitter etc.
I think you are referring to Paul Hince, the MEN reporter, and a former City player.

Paul Ince played for United!

Used
I know technology has moved on making The Pink redundant but I miss having a good read Saturday evening and into Sunday checking all the local non league stuff and forthcoming fixtures and of course Pink Postbag. Here Ted Knott (Droylsden) Les Holt (Prestwich) The Pink Thinker, Sale, Mick the red fireman (Middleton) John Donahue (Bredbury) Mike Brennan, Beswick and occasionally myself would battle it out for the tenner letter or the 2 fiver letters.

Waiting patiently outside the newsagents from 6pm for 10 to 20 mins until the van speeded into sight, drop off a batch and speed off to the next shop.
View attachment 37803
used to wait patiently in the pub for the cry of, 'PINK FINAL' to alert us of its arrival. The cry of, 'SEAFOOD' usually came about 20 minutes later..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.