The metro tonight

I won't get it from the ground - I walk to Piccadilly(20mins) then get the Alti tram. I appreciate not everyone can walk but if you're fit and able, walking is the better option

If I'm on the tram I'm drinking so have no issues arriving 2 hours after the game to get back to town.

If I'm driving I walk by the queues to my car up Brisco Ln it always looks a nightmare.

Because it has red controllers. There should have been no excuse last night, no other BIG events in the City.
I don't think it has anything to do with the controller, I just think the system is inept & not able to cope with ANY reasonably large event. Took me over an hour to get a tram from Piccolo Gardens before the first day of the ashes test a couple of years ago at 9:15, we ended up getting a tram to media city and having good to walk past the swamp instead of getting a tram to just outside the ground

Tram system is a shambles, exactly the same as it was last season.
Why on earth cant they put extra trams on as they know full well how many people have bought return tickets to the Etihad.
The people in charge should be crammed into the trams after a game and see just how chaotic things are and just how dangerous it would be if there was a crash.
If anybody from the Metrolink who plans the trams etc happen to be reading this then you are useless cunts.

To be fair the tram is not fit for purpose. It's about time a rail station was build too. For a stadium that holds 55'000, one tram station/stop is just not good enough .

I've not used it for a while but absolutely no excuse for it. Every time I have used public transport to any game across the country there is extra capacity provided. It seriously isn't, and shouldn't be rocket science. To be honest, and sad as it sounds, it will only be a tragedy that will make these imbeciles be accountable and taken to task. Letters should be written to this effect or when people see dangerous situations occurring as a result of the overcrowding. It can only be because those running it are rags I see no other reason. Well, they are playing with fire and it will be only one serious incident and these people will be made to answer for their actions.

We had to get off the Ashton Bound tram at the velocentre. The crush on board was just too much to stand. I haven't experienced anything like it even on the tube. Someone needs to take a grip of this. The first three trams out of the Etihad to Ashton were singles albeit the platform was stacked. Someone is going to get hurt in the scrum to get on. I will email them for a view and publish if I get a response. We finally got back to our hotel in Denton way after 9.00pm.

Agree it's a complete shambles. It took over an hour to get from the stadium into town. Really hope no one gets injured due to the crushing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.