The Most Unpopular Signing

I meant at the time of the war...... as soon as it kicked off, both were shipped out (no pun intended) and as I said, Villa never returned.
Not quite true.

when the War started Ardiles went on loan to PSG for a spell and Villa stayed.

A year later Villa left Tottenham after Ardiles had returned.

Eric ****ona without a shadow of a doubt. My most despised player of all time. His c**tishness while being really good without a doubt embodied the rags at the time

Peter Bodak, anyone remember him? Knocked us out of the League Cup playing for Coventry, then signed for United. For some reason we then buy him, and he was dog shit. I hated him at Coventry, and I hated him even more when he signed for the rags, and then we signed him.

Last edited:
I meant at the time of the war...... as soon as it kicked off, both were shipped out (no pun intended) and as I said, Villa never returned. If the Argies invaded again tomorrow, couldn't see City doing the same with our Argy players.

Ah I see. I didn’t remember that. Just remembered what a great little player Ardiles was.

Given the jingoism of the time they probably did them a favour. We would certainly stand by our lads but the abuse they’d get away from home would be ferocious.

Let’s not sign any North Koreans. :)

Peter Bodak, anyone remember him? Knocked us out of the League Cup playing for Coventry, then signed for United. For some reason we then buy him, and he was dog shit. I hated him at Coventry, and I hated him even more when he signed for the rags, and then we signed him.
I made a point about this plank in a previous thread somewhere. I was about 9 when he played us off the park in that cup game for Coventry. I remember my dad raving about him on way home. Anyway, a year or so later we signed him and I was ******* ecstatic. The excitement didn't last long, because he was absolutely ******* shocking !! A total n utter 0 % effort merchant that would of made Gerrard Creaney look world class. About 18 months ago he was a guest on Blue Tuesday going on about loving his time at City( the cheeky bastard !) I tried to phone in but couldn't get on. If I would of, I'd have ripped him to pieces.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.