The National Health Service

tommyducks

So Americans are jumping up and down about Obama's plans to bring in a healthcare plan similar to our own NHS. They are likening his proposals to "Soviet Russia" down in redneck territory. Seems that people who can't afford healthcare getting it courtesy of the state goes right against the grain in the land of the free. Free to die unnecessarily if you fall ill but don't have the $$ to pay for the treatment? That's freedom American style, folks.

We often knock this country and with justification, but for me the creation of the NHS by the Labour Government in 1948 is the one thing of which I am most proud - the true mark of a civilised and compassionate society. Money can buy you material luxury, and that's why we work hard, for that house, car, holiday etc. Education and healthcare are basic needs and should not be treated in the same way. I pity those people in third world countries such as the US where such high standards can only be dreamed of.

well said, its a system that, yes, we complain about, but in reality it is a shining example of how a society should look after its own. you do get a small minority that will abuse the system, but again, thats life.

i do think however, that tameside general should be blown up as soon as possible and rebuilt, but cant find anyone with the enthusiasm to do it at the mo!!!!

r.soleofsalford said:
tueartsboots said:
Just watched a report on BBCnews. What???????????????? Americans DON'T want free healthcare? Mad

what`s the saying, if there was an asylum for the sane in america it would be empty.
Yep, pictures of Obama with a Hitler moustache and placards stating "Obama Lies, Grandma Dies" and saying this is communism not democracy? As an American would say "Helloooooooooo????????????"

I don't get it, why don't they want free healthcare?

Immaculate Pasta said:
I don't get it, why don't they want free healthcare?
The "haves" i.e the people who pay for health care fear that some poor "have not" kid might get vital treatment which could delay their own liposuction.

tueartsboots said:
r.soleofsalford said:
what`s the saying, if there was an asylum for the sane in america it would be empty.
Yep, pictures of Obama with a Hitler moustache and placards stating "Obama Lies, Grandma Dies" and saying this is communism not democracy? As an American would say "Helloooooooooo????????????"

i`ve met some really nice yanks in scotland and ireland. in america its self i`ve met some right numb fuckers. i read somewhere that only 10% have passports on the hole large parts of the u.s. are very provincial in there outlook. but i suppose there are good reasons for this

NQT said:
We get free healthcare........... I'm going to stop my National Insurance contributions then.
They don't want THEIR "tax dollars" paying for healthcare for the less fortunate. Selfish bastards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.