The NHS and its future

a separate income tax to be distributed nationally, ring-fenced, then a variable annual contribution based on how many times you use various services against your income. So if you use your GP a lot, you will make more of a contribution but that will go back into that local service for you. If you're in A&E constantly, your contribution will go there etc. Set against your income, but your usage will be recorded and if you suddenly start doing well for yourself, then like your student loans you will start to pay more back. So if you have a serious illness, can't work and get minimal sick leave pay if any, then you'll get it free, but if you then go back to work, set up your own business and do really well, you'll then start to pay back.

If you never need it, you'll just pay the flat rate which will be based on your income.

This sadly is the answer to nothing.

The vast majority of NHS provision is to those over working age.
As is the cost of prescription medicine.

Why not with tourists having to cover medical expenses through travel insurance just like we do.

this is what I supposed to happen.

The trouble is that the BMA have continually said they refuse to turn away anyone who cannot prove entitlement, whether at hospital or GP practices.

How would you sort that out?

How would you administer it?

this is what I supposed to happen.

The trouble is that the BMA have continually said they refuse to turn away anyone who cannot prove entitlement, whether at hospital or GP practices.

How would you sort that out?

How would you administer it?

UK citizens could carry an NHS entitlement id card. Not difficult to administer or do imo.
Without it you either provide details of your travel or private insurance.

The BMA have to either shit on the pot or get off on this im afraid as you can't just keep treating all and sundry whilst moaning there is no money.

This is just one issue though amongst many and for me, the whole way we fund the NHS going forwards just has to changed with everyone of working age, in work paying a new health insurance or at least a revamped NI that will cover both the NHS and social care, thus allowing us to break free of governments and their budgets which are almost always unrealistic or based on ideology that just doesn't work for a National healthcare system.

To pay for the war?

WTF!!

Do some basic research for heaven’s sake.

I did, did you?

In March 1943 Winston Churchill in a broadcast entitled "After the War" committed the government to a system of "national compulsory insurance for all classes for all purposes from the cradle to the grave."[5]

After the Second World War, the Attlee government pressed ahead with the introduction of the Welfare State, of which an expanded National Insurance scheme was a major component. As part of this process, responsibility passed in 1948 to the new Ministry of National Insurance. At that point, a single stamp was introduced which covered all the benefits of the new Welfare State.

or get the multinationals to pay their fair share and if they can't do that then charged them a proper estimated tax bill based on turnover plus 100%.
Anyone caught tax dodging loses the house they live in by compulsory purchase of £0 and assets seized. Anyone caught using offshore accounts get an estimated bill plus 100% as well. If they don't complain in the first year then keep doubling until they do the right thing and open up all their accounts.

that should bring in an extra £10bn a year for the NHS plus it would would f**k Cayman United up royally

You have a point.

Until tax evaders are considered social pariahs and spat at in the street by PAYE workers nothing will change.

And by tax evaders I don’t just mean Google, Amazon etc.
I mean your local taxi driver who pockets his tips, the sparky who does jobs on the black, the cash in handers who fiddle their books to grossly understate their income.

Then we might have proper services, properly funded.

You have a point.

Until tax evaders are considered social pariahs and spat at in the street by PAYE workers nothing will change.

And by tax evaders I don’t just mean Google, Amazon etc.
I mean your local taxi driver who pockets his tips, the sparky who does jobs on the black, the cash in handers who fiddle their books to grossly understate their income.

Then we might have proper services, properly funded.

With you 100% on tax evasion but its a separate subject and for me, its not about money, it's about a political will to fully fund the NHS and social care from here on in and to stop using it for political point scoring, something no party can be trusted with im afraid.

Make it completely apolitical.

UK citizens could carry an NHS entitlement id card. Not difficult to administer or do imo.
Without it you either provide details of your travel or private insurance.

The BMA have to either shit on the pot or get off on this im afraid as you can't just keep treating all and sundry whilst moaning there is no money.

This is just one issue though amongst many and for me, the whole way we fund the NHS going forwards just has to changed with everyone of working age, in work paying a new health insurance or at least a revamped NI that will cover both the NHS and social care, thus allowing us to break free of governments and their budgets which are almost always unrealistic or based on ideology that just doesn't work for a National healthcare system.

Are you prepared to turn people away from hospitals without your requirement of ID?
Who is going to be the person at the door turning people away?
What are you actually going to do about the BMA?
Whenever they have been threatened by reform they don’t like they have replied that’s as a body they will resign from any NHS work. They have the power to do this because they could not be replaced.

I did, did you?

In March 1943 Winston Churchill in a broadcast entitled "After the War" committed the government to a system of "national compulsory insurance for all classes for all purposes from the cradle to the grave."[5]

After the Second World War, the Attlee government pressed ahead with the introduction of the Welfare State, of which an expanded National Insurance scheme was a major component. As part of this process, responsibility passed in 1948 to the new Ministry of National Insurance. At that point, a single stamp was introduced which covered all the benefits of the new Welfare State.
And that paid for the war how? some confusion with income tax here me thinks. oh and war bonds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.