The obsession with other teams raising their game against us.

It does feel that way though at times, probably frustration at ourselves though and looking for excuses. I must say it pissed me off watching Spurs against united the other week like lost little school boys, it feels like when we play them they are right at it from the off!

If our players at times had more backbone it wouldn't be a problem though.

Everton, Southampton, Leicester and Boro are the only teams to take points off us this season outside of the big 6, and we only lost one of those games. Were by far the better team against Everton and individual mistakes cost us the rest of the time. Outside of that we're very good against teams outside the top 6, so I can't really complain.

Now I think about it, could we win the title even if we lost every game against the top 6? Is 84 points enough to win a title?
By that logic, as we've already got 6 points from the top 6, and lost 9 from outside it, we need to win at least one of the five remaining matches AND every game against a small team. Basically, we need to be Bayern.

Last edited:
Other teams always feel they are in with a chance with us, even if we go a goal or two up, so they keep on pushing. We have created that with some of our performances. I guess that is less likely to happen against Arse, Chelsea or United where teams will revert to damage limitation.

Congrats to @B\connellblue for starting this thread. Absolute nonsense that "teams raise their game" specifically for us.

Usually we either don't have the mentality or desire to beat sides we should or tactically it's an accident waiting to happen, Leicester away being a prime example.

Yeah, fair point. Although if De Bruyne buried the empty net, or Otamendi and Kolarov didn't defend like schoolboys, then we'd probably still have won the game.

Get on script Ric, your opinion doesn't fit the BM narrative.

Funny thing is, after playing us and nickin' a draw said teams go and play shit against relegation fodder. And their goalkeepers! Jeez, everyone has their game of the season at The Etihad. Stekklenberg! That game could have been 6-1! He's been either shit or injured since!

Funny thing is, after playing us and nickin' a draw said teams go and play shit against relegation fodder. And their goalkeepers! Jeez, everyone has their game of the season at The Etihad. Stekklenberg! That game could have been 6-1! He's been either shit or injured since!

Could say the same about Tom Heaton, Manure v Burnley?

Ain't that Burnley's only away point?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.