The official "We don't want Wayne Rooney" thread.

Re: The official

Balti said:
GStar said:
Exactly what i was talking about with this "down the nose" approach to fans with differing opinions, its disgusting to see really.

"Ther'll be plenty to take your places, lads"

That's about as red a term as you'll ever here... and look where they are now.

I think its only right some fans are on the fence or even completely opposed to this, we're obviously not the same club we've all been used to supporting. People will have different thresholds, i can easily understand some people growing disillusioned with these events.

Well said. Pretending that you know so much better when almost half the City supporters polled on this site fundamentally disagree with your view is quite amusing in itself but calling them clowns and so forth is just arrogant and pompous in a way that is reminiscent of supporters of a certain other club.

You clearly don't like the fact that so many of us don't like the thought of signing Rooney, but tough get used to it. The Evening News poll has almost 70% against. Citymancs poll also firmly against. Mancityfans.net poll also against. Mancityforum poll firmly against, Vital thread mostly against, Bluewatch close etc etc. Spot the running theme yet?

So its pretty even stevens with either the slimmest of majorities in favour either way or actually you're the ones in the minority no matter how many times you get on that high horse and pontificate to us as though you are in some way better fans than us.

You're not. We are just as entitled to our views.

And no it isn't because he's currently a rag. But I can't be fussed explaining it again to anyone who is simplistic enough to think that:

a/ any objection can only be because he's a rag, or
b/ he is the greatest player in the world and would ensure world domination

Some of you aren't listening.

The only people I called clowns are the two who said they would walk away from the club.

Because they would be clowns if they did that.

They won't though, of course. Heard it all before.

BimboBob said:
Pigeonho said:
You're on your own then, as there's been more than a few agree with me today, quite a few infact. Thats by the by though. The thing is Gstar, people are threatening to walk away from the club if we sign a player? Forget who it is, where he's coming from.... he will be a player, OUR player at that, who joins OUR club. Why anyone thinks walking away is acceptable is beyond me, just as its also beyond me how anyone can understand why they would go. I've not slagged anyone off, I said bimbobob and The frontzeck are completely out of order and not real fans if thats what they do, delueded too I think I put. Thats my opinion, just as its their opinion they think they will walk away from the club.
In my eyes a real fan would support the club no matter what position its in, and who it signs. No-one should ever walk away from the club they support, ever. If Bluemoon was online at the time we went down to division 3, god only knows what kind of posts their would have been, because if posts like theirs exist when we look to be signing one of the worlds marquee players, fuck knows what it would have been like when we went down all those years ago.

I can tell you where i was when we were in division 3. Watching a once great club try and turn it all around. Most of the players were fighting for the club. Fighting to get us back up to where we should have been.
In the years since we still have managed to fuck it up a wee bit now and then but we have risen.

In all that time we have tried to do it the correct way. Sure we made mistakes. Sure we signed players that shouldn't have been wearing the shirt but we tried.

When the Sheik came in, he said we would do it right. Buy the right players. World class players. Players who would wear the shirt with pride and give it their all week in and week out. Players that we all could look up to with pride.

Is that Rooney? Is he a player we all can look up to? Is he the sort of player we actually want playing for our club?

I don't doubt that he is a world class player. On his day (and he has quite a few of them) he can rip to shreds the best defence in the world.

But...

We have to build the team with some responsibility. We have to give the next generation of fans players, who whilst giving their all on the pitch, act as role models off it.

We have to do it right.

Buying Rooney might be right on the pitch but it sure as hell is not right off it.

Those are my reasons.

Do it right City. For the future.
Well I certainly can't fault the way you put your arguement to me. A well written post if ever there was one. Again though I can't agree with anyone wanting to walk away from the club because of the signing of a certain player. What, if you do walk away, when Rooney fires us into the final of the CL, then helps us win that final? Will you be caring about what he does off the pitch then whilst you nurse your pint, wondering what could have been? I am guessing your threat was an empty one, albeit an empty one filled with your passionate side of your arguement? Fair enough if so, but you can surely see why people would get a bit miffed at people saying they will walk away just because of the signing of a player? I could understand it if we had all this money and we pulled off the stunning coup of Robbie Blake from Bolton, because that would be all born out of frustration our owners aren't living up to their promise, however you have said we were promised the best players in the world, and thats what they are trying to give us here, (if its true).

Balti said:
GStar said:
Exactly what i was talking about with this "down the nose" approach to fans with differing opinions, its disgusting to see really.

"Ther'll be plenty to take your places, lads"

That's about as red a term as you'll ever here... and look where they are now.

I think its only right some fans are on the fence or even completely opposed to this, we're obviously not the same club we've all been used to supporting. People will have different thresholds, i can easily understand some people growing disillusioned with these events.

Well said. Pretending that you know so much better when almost half the City supporters polled on this site fundamentally disagree with your view is quite amusing in itself but calling them clowns and so forth is just arrogant and pompous in a way that is reminiscent of supporters of a certain other club.

You clearly don't like the fact that so many of us don't like the thought of signing Rooney, but tough get used to it. The Evening News poll has almost 70% against. Citymancs poll also firmly against. Mancityfans.net poll also against. Mancityforum poll firmly against, Vital thread mostly against, Bluewatch close etc etc. Spot the running theme yet?

So its pretty even stevens with either the slimmest of majorities in favour either way or actually you're the ones in the minority no matter how many times you get on that high horse and pontificate to us as though you are in some way better fans than us.

You're not. We are just as entitled to our views.

And no it isn't because he's currently a rag. But I can't be fussed explaining it again to anyone who is simplistic enough to think that:

a/ any objection can only be because he's a rag, or
b/ he is the greatest player in the world and would ensure world domination

spot on...

How dare you disagree tho! a clear case of ickle cityitis no?!

i mean... what else could it possible mean if you disagree with DD.

Don't know if this has been posted, because I'm not reading through 32 pages, however, here goes:

Can't believe some people are talking of walking away from the club if Rooney signs! Jesus H Christ, does this mean we'll have a FC City on the horizon....

malg said:
Don't know if this has been posted, because I'm not reading through 32 pages, however, here goes:

Can't believe some people are talking of walking away from the club if Rooney signs! Jesus H Christ, does this mean we'll have a FC City on the horizon....

They wont walk away if they're true City fans...

Skashion said:
Didsbury Dave said:
The only people I called clowns are the two who said they would walk away from the club.

That's simply not true. You called everyone who doesn't want Rooney a clown.

People said the same about Bellamy, said they would cut their cards up etc, it never happened. I dont particularly like Rooney or even rate him that highly, but I can guarantee people saying they will not go again wont stick to it when we sign him.

Pigeonho said:
BimboBob said:
I can tell you where i was when we were in division 3. Watching a once great club try and turn it all around. Most of the players were fighting for the club. Fighting to get us back up to where we should have been.
In the years since we still have managed to fuck it up a wee bit now and then but we have risen.

In all that time we have tried to do it the correct way. Sure we made mistakes. Sure we signed players that shouldn't have been wearing the shirt but we tried.

When the Sheik came in, he said we would do it right. Buy the right players. World class players. Players who would wear the shirt with pride and give it their all week in and week out. Players that we all could look up to with pride.

Is that Rooney? Is he a player we all can look up to? Is he the sort of player we actually want playing for our club?

I don't doubt that he is a world class player. On his day (and he has quite a few of them) he can rip to shreds the best defence in the world.

But...

We have to build the team with some responsibility. We have to give the next generation of fans players, who whilst giving their all on the pitch, act as role models off it.

We have to do it right.

Buying Rooney might be right on the pitch but it sure as hell is not right off it.

Those are my reasons.

Do it right City. For the future.
Well I certainly can't fault the way you put your arguement to me. A well written post if ever there was one. Again though I can't agree with anyone wanting to walk away from the club because of the signing of a certain player. What, if you do walk away, when Rooney fires us into the final of the CL, then helps us win that final? Will you be caring about what he does off the pitch then whilst you nurse your pint, wondering what could have been? I am guessing your threat was an empty one, albeit an empty one filled with your passionate side of your arguement? Fair enough if so, but you can surely see why people would get a bit miffed at people saying they will walk away just because of the signing of a player? I could understand it if we had all this money and we pulled off the stunning coup of Robbie Blake from Bolton, because that would be all born out of frustration our owners aren't living up to their promise, however you have said we were promised the best players in the world, and thats what they are trying to give us here, (if its true).

I haven't said it since last night when i was under some sort of influence mate!

But, i am getting annoyed with football in general. I am annoyed by the way the club i have spent 38 years watching is slowly being dragged into the mire with all this huge money hanging round it's neck.

I said when the Sheik came in that we would need to do this properly. Not act all crass which is what happened at Chelsea. We had our own supporters waving money in the air a la "loadsofmoney" for fucks sake.

Doing it properly means buying Tevez, Silva and Barry etc. All very good if not world class players but also role models for the next generation of fans.

It does not mean buying Rooney.

The club that i love has a responsibility to it's fans. We were there in the darkest days. We bought more season tickets when we got relegated to Div 3 than we did to Div 2 for fucks sake. We were there in the rain standing on terraces that hadn't changed since the 60's/70's.

I want our club to be respected. By the fans, the kids and by other football fans. Buying Rooney would wipe that all out in a second.

Skashion said:
Didsbury Dave said:

That's simply not true. You called everyone who doesn't want Rooney a clown.

Here's the quote:

I make no apology to any clown who would desert City because they sign Rooney.

It would be stupidity of the highest order.

We're on the threshold of the biggest things this club has ever achieved.

And they're going to support someone else?

Yeah, I'm looking down my nose at them.

Now if that's not clear I don't know what is.

Actually, maybe I did when I first saw this thread. It angered me to be honest.

It stuns me that City appear to be close to signing our first world class player for 50 years and some people are more bothered about a bit of badge kissing.

I've no problem that people don't share my opinion, especially if they back it up with something, as a few have.

But it annoys me that City could be about to pull off the biggest transfer coup in their history and some people can't see it for what it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.