the premier league vs spain

sergiokun said:
ancoats to manage united

i know what am doing its a bluemoon master plan to send them down
but first i will beat spain get the nod when fergie pops off

The big disappointment for me this season so far is Bilbao who look a shadow of the team who played the rags off the park twice in two weeks last season, having only lost Javi Martinez.

Well, you could say that they lost Llorente too as he's in war with club. Played 4 of 8 games as sub (108 minutes only), scored once.

Add problems Martinez caused them in summer, than Bielsa almost left too and you have one pretty unhealthy situation.

---------------------Hart----------------
Walker----Kompany---Terry----Clichy
--------------Yaya-----Barry-----------
Silva-------------Mata----------Navas
---------------------Aguero------------

To beat Spain you have to be able to press high and maintain pressure. There are few players that aren't Spanish that could perform the high press and maintain possession.

alky313 said:

To beat Spain you have to be able to press high and maintain pressure. There are few players that aren't Spanish that could perform the high press and maintain possession.

Navas?

Ovo said:
alky313 said:

Navas?

Yikes. Cazorla.

ancoats said:
could you build a team to beat spain

my team

hart
kompany terry cole richards

bale garrard lampard nasri

rooney aguero

so you'd go for a central midfield pairing that has been unable to work for england for over a decade, ignore the one player who has the best midfielders in the country running scared and select samir nasri over david silva, juan mata, eden hazard, santi cazorla.......

Why are people putting Terry in the team, he is finished, so slow, yes he can read the game but he is about six months behind Ferdinand in terms of sliding down the slippery slope.

LoveCity said:
SambaStyle said:
Valencia are shit this year and Seville haven't done much in years.

Sevilla have been good this season so far except for their most recent game. They completely outclassed and outplayed Real the weekend before Real outclassed and outplayed us, and were then better than Barcelona but very, very unlucky to lose to two late goals after some dodgy refereeing. They look like they are getting closer to what they were when Ramos was in charge. Valencia have started poorly but will come good I think, they just struggle to balance Champions League and La Liga and are struggling more on the road than at home (but got a great point at the Bernabeu). The big disappointment for me this season so far is Bilbao who look a shadow of the team who played the rags off the park twice in two weeks last season, having only lost Javi Martinez.

For me Malaga look great and somehow better even after losing Cazorla and Rondon and Atletico look better than they have in years. Pellegrini is a top manager and has them playing really well with Isco shining and they are also doing better than us in their Champions League debut.

I don't think La Liga can match the Premier League for drama and that is what pulls people into the Premier League, the predictability of the top two in La Liga is going to work against the overall league until someone can challenge them (if ever). Atleti and Malaga are putting up a fight so far but as always you get the feeling it'll only be a matter of time before normal service is resumed.

I think a player like Michu shows how much underrated and overlooked quality La Liga has, he has come to the Premier League and scored 6 goals in 8 games for Swansea. Players like Benat, Juanfran, Lafita and Moreno are really good players you don't hear much about like Michu because of the lower profile La Liga has beneath the Big 2.

I watched Real vs both Sevilla and Man City, they were really dire vs Sevilla (and played them away remember) and went all out guns blazing vs us.

I honestly don't see La Liga as the superior league anymore, look at all the talent the PL has stolen from them recently and other leagues.. watch Swansea vs Wigan on Football first/sky player when you get the chance. Absolutely quality game and much better standard of football than most La Liga teams would conjure up, by two of the bottom table PL teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.