THE question

Ell-ano said:
would you let your children support another team??? personly...no chance, anyway...discuss

My Son's Blue through and through, if he showed interest in football and there was ever any doubt when he was growing up I'd have explained to him the type of things that happen when you support different and rival teams to your Dad (been there seen it done it), and in any case shouldn't a child want to be just like his Dad and support the same team ?

I would have been absolutely mortified if my kids had chosen to support any team but City, especially the scum. A good few years ago my eldest wavered a tiny bit at primary school as he was in a class full of rags but when I explained the possibility of being left out of the will and his younger brother getting the lot he soon saw the error of his ways and came back on the straight and narrow!

My first is due in October and i've had this conversation with the Mrs.

If in a couple of years the kid says they want to support another team i wouldn't be upset, i'd even help 'it'* find somewhere else to live!

*Don't know the sex yet!

Don't have kids, but I'll force City on them if/when I do within reason. If they end up not being interested in football then there's not a lot you can I suppose, if they want to support someone else I guess there's not a lot you can do either.

My Dad brought me up blue and I'm so glad he did, it's not just a football club, it affects who you are as a person. I have a couple of rag mates, but 99% of them are intolerable. Their football arrogance transcends into their everyday life. Glory hunters are fickle people who give up on anything once it gets shit, not just the football team they 'support'.

I might actually make mine support United.

It'll be good for them. Character building. Let them be the only kid in the whole of the school that supports a particular team while everyone else 'supports' their fiercest rivals who are dominating football and winning trophy after trophy after trophy.....

Didnt, twitch, do me any, twitch, harm anyway.....

Marvin said:
Crouchinho said:
Dad made me support spurs, it runs throughout the generations. Glad in someway but pissed off in others. He's lucky to have seen a title and European finals.

Made mine support them too. If I have to suffer so should they!!!

Life would have been a lot easier if I was like every other **** at school supporting united, liverpool and arsenal

Are you in London? Which is the most popular club in London?

Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham, QPR for me. Then Fulham, Palace, Charlton, Millwall etc.<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:29 pm --<br /><br />
BlueBilly said:
My Dad brought me up blue and I'm so glad he did, it's not just a football club, it affects who you are as a person. I have a couple of rag mates, but 99% of them are intolerable. Their football arrogance transcends into their everyday life. Glory hunters are fickle people who give up on anything once it gets shit, not just the football team they 'support'.

I had a U****d mate live near me a few years ago so I saw a bit more of him than I used to. He was a serial quitter who had had a dozen jobs by 30 (didn't like any of them) and Girlfriends who lasted just weeks. He then decided he didn't like living where he did so he moved on because nothing ever worked out for him and he quit quit quit. However, with football, he was the biggest wanker you could ever wish to meet. Unless his team won and were perfect then he'd spit, whine, bite and cry for days. Deep arrogance yet completely unfounded within his own life. Weird.

JM Mcr said:
Andy Dale said:
My grandson comes to City with me and goes to Rochdale with his Dad , so I guess he'll get to see both ends of the football spectrum.
Do you really think Rochdale will be that good in the future??
No I dont. You have to remember that within 1 hours drive of Rochdale you can go and see City , rags , Liverpool ,Everton, Bolton , Blackburn , Stoke , Wigan , and of late Burnley , Blackpool . All in the prem. Also Leeds (cunts) but a well supported club.They can't compete with that.
I know lots of Rocdale fans that follow them home and away. His Dad follows them all over the country.I respect his decision to take his boy to Spotland just as much as I love the fact he lets me take him to City.
He could've said no and let his other grandad take him to the swamp.

BlueBilly said:
Don't have kids, but I'll force City on them if/when I do within reason. If they end up not being interested in football then there's not a lot you can I suppose, if they want to support someone else I guess there's not a lot you can do either.

It'll be easier now though, as your son/daughter in the future will, in effect, be a glory hunter. I was the only Blue in our year. I started senior school in 1989 and the majority were either Oldham fans or undecided. After 1990 when United won the ECWC, strangely enough loads started supporting United, even more so after 1992. Kids now, with our success, will support us whether they're parents are blue or red so the need to 'force' something on them won't be there. If we were still shit and United remained on top, forcing City on a child would, in the main, lead to rebellion and you would have posters of 'Giggs' greatest goals' in your kids' room before you know it. Forcing anything on kids usually results in disaster, encouraging them to do something yes, but forcing? No.
As I say though, you won't have that problem if what appears to be on the horizon comes into fruition, as kids will support City no matter what, because kids follow the winning team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.