The rise of UKIP

hgblue said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
bluemanc said:
UKIP will continue to rise because the people do not want Labour or the Conservatives to govern.
Obviously UKIP will never govern but the alternative is not acceptable.

No, they won't - they are the recipients of what used to be the Liberal's protest vote.
Folk thought the same thing about the National Front in the 1970's, and where are they now?
Everything about UKIP is negative - it's all about what they don't want - namely immigration, which actually benefits the country economically, and the big bogeyman that is Europe, which also benefits us financially.
All Nigel is basically saying is 'vote for us, because we are none of the above, and we haven't had the chance to prove how corrupt we are yet'.
As to your second point, the party with the most elected MP's will govern, as that is kinda how this democracy thing works.
That won't be UKIP - not even in your wildest wet dream, in fact I'll be surprised if they end up with more than half a dozen MP's at the next general election.
They will have served their purpose, which is to give the big two a kicking in the council and Euro elections, and then fast become as relevant as the National Front.

UKIP have an opportunity to make a breakthrough at the next election but they must do two things in the meantime:
1. Nail the myth that they're a racist party. If I were them I'd be ensuring that as many spokespeople as possible are from minority ethnic backgrounds and I'd be clamping down on the nutjobs who come out with racist or homophobic shite. To be fair to them they've already been expelling these people from the party.
2. The manifesto launch is crucial. They have an opportunity to take a fresh and radical approach to tax and spend, the NHS, education, etc. As you rightly say, it's time for them to stop being negative and promote some positive alternatives to the mainstream.
If they can pull this off, they have a chance to cause an upset, because the electorate is fed up to the back teeth of the likes of Cameron, Clegg and Milliband.

While I agree with your first point BM is the perfect example of how people who've already made up their minds about UKIP will ignore the blatantly obvious no matter how apparent the facts are.

Can't blame the UKIPs for being skeptical about the EU

<a class="postlink" href="http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=_uTzgmPT-uU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=yout ... uTzgmPT-uU</a>

Chancy Termites said:
hgblue said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
No, they won't - they are the recipients of what used to be the Liberal's protest vote.
Folk thought the same thing about the National Front in the 1970's, and where are they now?
Everything about UKIP is negative - it's all about what they don't want - namely immigration, which actually benefits the country economically, and the big bogeyman that is Europe, which also benefits us financially.
All Nigel is basically saying is 'vote for us, because we are none of the above, and we haven't had the chance to prove how corrupt we are yet'.
As to your second point, the party with the most elected MP's will govern, as that is kinda how this democracy thing works.
That won't be UKIP - not even in your wildest wet dream, in fact I'll be surprised if they end up with more than half a dozen MP's at the next general election.
They will have served their purpose, which is to give the big two a kicking in the council and Euro elections, and then fast become as relevant as the National Front.

UKIP have an opportunity to make a breakthrough at the next election but they must do two things in the meantime:
1. Nail the myth that they're a racist party. If I were them I'd be ensuring that as many spokespeople as possible are from minority ethnic backgrounds and I'd be clamping down on the nutjobs who come out with racist or homophobic shite. To be fair to them they've already been expelling these people from the party.
2. The manifesto launch is crucial. They have an opportunity to take a fresh and radical approach to tax and spend, the NHS, education, etc. As you rightly say, it's time for them to stop being negative and promote some positive alternatives to the mainstream.
If they can pull this off, they have a chance to cause an upset, because the electorate is fed up to the back teeth of the likes of Cameron, Clegg and Milliband.

While I agree with your first point BM is the perfect example of how people who've already made up their minds about UKIP will ignore the blatantly obvious no matter how apparent the facts are.
I dont ignore the views people have of UKIP but i dont ignore the fact we are governed by a corrupt mob riddled with sexual deviants & morally corrupt liars.
I base my views that UKIP will increase support because of the shortcomings of the opposition.
The continued efforts of the Conservatives to hide the links between MP's & paedophile rings within Parliament is a timebomb waiting to go off,how can anyone vote for a party like that.
Labour has Milliband as a leader,that makes them a non-option.
As i said UKIP will never govern but nor should the other two.

UKIP has had, does have, and will continue to have racist, homophobic, sexist, corrupt, establishment-appeasing members and leaders until the day it dies.

So they won't be getting my vote, ever.

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
UKIP has had, does have, and will continue to have racist, homophobic, sexist, corrupt, establishment-appeasing members and leaders until the day it dies.

Then you dont vote for the Conservatives because they are a mirror image of what you detest.
So which party gets your vote then.

I'm not even really interested in politics but... (there is the precursor). As far as I know, UKIP haven't said they want to stop immigration, they just want to manage it properly. I fail to see that as racism. I've heard they didn't consider Gay Marriage a priority, which I agree with to be honest. But then again I don't see marriage as an important thing on the whole. But this doesn't translate as homophobic. Corrupt? and Labour and Conservatives aren't?

I just wish there was a real argument against UKIP, because personally I don't see it.

Again, I am not a political person. There is a very good chance I am wrong. Not that I'm championing UKIP, I've only ever voted once, that was for Lib Dems last time.

bluemanc said:

Then you dont vote for the Conservatives because they are a mirror image of what you detest.
just wondering....they get your vote because the other parties are just as bad?

i been doing it all wrong :(

bluemanc said:

Can't vote Labour either. Or Liberal Democrats either based on the racism thing.

Begbie said:
bluemanc said:

just wondering....they get your vote because the other parties are just as bad?

i been doing it all wrong :(
Who said they get my vote,i didnt vote.
I have just given my opinion on what i think,so do you vote Conservative.
Leicestershire Tory councillor Robert Fraser claims gypsies would "stick a knife in you as soon as look at you".
Derbyshire Tory councillor Patrick Clark calls gay people "sexual deviants".
A Conservative councillor in Essex, Chris Walker, apologises for saying British women should walk nude in the street to make Islamic men commit suicide because their religion forbids them from seeing any naked woman other than their wife.
Former Conservative Party candidate Ross Coates says "all women should be sterilised" to stop them getting pregnant at work
Conservative MEP Daniel Hannan describes the NHS as a "60-year-old mistake" and hails Enoch Powell as his political hero
Oxford University Conservative Association is condemned after students hold a sick competition to see who could tell the most offensive racist joke.
The Conservatives cover all you say about UKIP,so any voter of the Conservatives deserves the same label,surely

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.