The Slow Readers Club

Damn missed that Cathedral date, saw The Augustines there a few years ago, great venue.

Only just got on board with these and I've converted a few people as well. Block out the Sun is a great tune.

I think they're from Urmston where i am, and have a bit of following from here. I've never listened to them. However i will now that someone other than a mate from Urmston has endorsed them

They are fuckin terrible, been around for years, they were terrible then and listening to them now they are still fuckin terrible.

Only just stumbled across them after a stint on Granada News and making the semi finals of a knock out best band competition on XS Manchester. Basically Manchester bands get drawn against each other in a cup format and Slow Readers made the Semi Final alongside Oasis/Stone Roses and James. I had never even heard of them.
Anyway check them out, Most songs from the 3 albums are cracking tunes. The new album has made the top 20 and they have nearly sold out a gig at the Apollo in December. Fantastic band.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.