The spirit of this City team

br88

If this has been discussed somewhere else please remove this thread. But I have been struck in recent times by the amazing feeling of togetherness and the way the team celebrates the goals. The team spirit shown by the players and the intense reactions of everyone both at Huddersfield and again last night are just on another level. The spirit is also evident in the management and backroom staff. I'm loving it and long may it continue.

If you follow City on Snapchat or what the YouTube videos you will see how good the team spirit is and also the connection between the players and the backroom staff. It’s all about the team now, no individuals. I’ve never seen it this good before.

The picture taken in the dressing room last night was just amazing. It was one of the best team photos I have ever seen. Young men who are having the time of their lives and genuinely buzzing about this success.

Mercenaries? I don’t see any - I just see decent lads. No one in our team who offends me.

I'm a big fan of college wrestling and follow Penn State. I never thought wrestling was fun at all, it was just hard work and we never got much publicity. But Penn State has won 6 of the last 7 national championships and every time you hear one of them being interviewed all they talk about is how much fun they have. Last year they had individual champions at 5 of the 10 weight classes and you could just see how they fed off of each other. That's what I see from the City players. Pep has them working hard and picking each other up, if the center forwards can't score somebody like Stones will step up and make something happen. BIG players are on the bench and nobody is complaining. Championships are won when the players put the club ahead of themselves and that's what we're witnessing. We haven't heard a peep from anybody about not starting, when was the last time City didn't have any drama?

The epitome of "team" last night was after the winner, the way everyone celebrated, but most of all Mendy limp/sprinting down the touchline to join in the celebrations (lucky a steward didn't rugby tackle him thinking he was a fan), but also the way we protected the ball by getting it back, and sending it down to Ederson to kick into level 3, a f*ck you to the time wasting of Southampton, they had to throw on a new ball in the end.

Pep is showing just how good he is across the board. That team spirit and togetherness starts at the very top. It is absolutely brilliant to see and long may it continue.

Don't be silly now, neil warnock has expressley said, this team won't even talk to each other in 20 years. the fucking bellend.

Seriously though, they all look so committed to each other and the joy when we score they express as a team is great.

I've not known as better team spirit but I've only been going since '74.

No argument from me. I've posted elsewhere about the team spirit which is so obvious. Salute a great manager, who insists team comes first, and gets the players to buy into that and back it up.
Edit: Pep makes a point of getting to know everybody who works for the club, that is team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.