The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Whatever happens next, this has got to be one of the biggest fuckups in the history of organised sport.

I maintain its worse for City. Everybody knew the Glazers, Henry, Perez, Kronke etc were corrupt to the core. This is just more grunting from the pigs.

"This is our City" we proclaimed. The club of the people. We've gone and fucked it all by jumping into bed with the very same cartel we've been fighting.

That image will never be forgotten, but City absolutely need to right the ship asap and admit serious mistakes have been made here.

There is a lot of hypocrisy going on over this.

Liverpool protesting, why were they not protesting when they qualified for the CL by the back door and won it. That was the start of devaluing the competition for me, when champions and others qualified.

If anyone is too feel aggrieved its Forest and Villa, they have won the EC, we havent, Spurs, Arsenal havent.

Where was the fans moaning about the setting up of the PL. I dont recall mass protests about that.

And City fans, where were the mass protests against Thaksin...the lack of protest then lead to the Sheikh

The vast majority of rag cunts were happy with the yanks as long they were winning.

Gary Neville said fuck all as long as United were winning

Where were the Chelsea protests against Abramovich

How come that **** Johnson is suddenly interested in football fans, especially after the shit he wrote about Hillsborough

When have the tories been against capitalist exploitation.

So you would rather people that can have a voice and stop this happening to shut up and be silent ?

Oliver Holt (@OllieHolt22) Tweeted:
Hearing the first cracks may be beginning to appear in the ugly, misshapen edifice of the ESL. Told two English clubs are close to losing their nerve.

Come on City do the right thing.

He didn’t say ‘seeing sense’ so that means it’s the two despised clubs, city and Chelsea.

first time posted on this thread

as someone who has always supported the small man and underdog,it just disgusts me we have come to this

perez just saying earlier football is in trouble,it is for his arsehole clubs at the top in spain and a certain club near here,thats wjat this is all about,they have got themselves in trouble and this is their way out,create a endless money spinner for all the plastics around the world to bail them out.

and we jumped into bed with them,through fear of losing out or compliance,either fkin stinks.

hopefully there is still time to claw back a bit of pride

remember that? pride in battle
well lets have pride in fairness

do the right thing my beloved City

Oliver Holt (@OllieHolt22) Tweeted:
Hearing the first cracks may be beginning to appear in the ugly, misshapen edifice of the ESL. Told two English clubs are close to losing their nerve.

Come on City do the right thing.

You just know that if it was any of the teams in reds it be close to putting things right, not lost their nerve.

One is an invitation for certain specific (not necessarily deserving) clubs for ever and ever, the other follows a qualification route through the country's official top leagues.

So, it's either a pre-season type kick about for selected money grabbing shysters with a win-win, no relegation, lifelong club membership.... or it's a tried and trusted format, annual competition with the glory of qualifying, the top bollocks club prize at the end of it. Of the two, the former will be fab (not) in 3-5 years when certain teams have turned to shit and want to go back to whatever league they have binned off (or stay and get nobbed 5-0 every match). The latter as we are all aware is tried and trusted(ish) and we still get to boo the anthem.

As I said before, who would pay to watch say Arse or Spurs against AC or Inter Milan. Borefest central, I'd rather watch Leeds play their style of football, or City U23 or City Ladies for that matter.

Interesting perspective.

I must say, it’s a mark of the strange times we’re living through when City fans are using UEFA and ‘trusted’ in the same sentence.

As far as I can see, UEFA, Bayern, Dortmund and PSG have spent the last decade trying to cripple my club, so the last thing I’d call that option is ‘trusted’

And looking at their proposal for a revamped CL, clubs would still qualify based on ‘historic performance’, which reads like a closed shop to me. Liverpool can still finish 8th in the PL and get a place in the CL - which devalues the League just as much as the ESL!

The one significant difference is the number of clubs who can qualify - I accept that is far more favourable through the new CL. Although with the number of games, I still see that ultimately as an existential threat to the PL.

I guess it’s a case of ‘would you like me to chop off your left foot or your left hand’ - both are absolutely horrendous, but different people will view one as better than the other.

I’m just sick that these are the only two choices we have, and in my view both are morally reprehensible and a threat to the League - so I don’t see this ‘do the right thing’ argument as bearing any relation to reality!

There is no right thing here - just two wrongs!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.