The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
The BBC website were reporting yesterday that Dowden, said in Parliament that

"Be in no doubt, if they can't act, we will..."We will put everything on the table to prevent this from happening. We are examining every option. Put simply, we will be reviewing everything the government does to support these clubs."

There's all kinds of such comments from government officials so it's highly unlikely that this will happen.

Think of the players now who are preparing now for a game on Wednesday. Our board have let them down, and they have let the fans down. Again.

It looks very much as if Manchester City were presented with a very difficult option. You either join this league now as founding member, or you do not join. And every club would accept......on one condition: that they thought it was viable. It does not appear viable. So we have made a decision that is likely to lead to significant damage to the club.

I hope that City make some public comment or start some dialogue to try and extricate ourselves from this mess.

Again....

Derby Day on Saturday, City vs United competing in a match that has over a hundred years history and is a battle for local bragging rights, a source of real pride in your football club.

Three days later however City & United have games in the ESL worth millions of pounds if they win them and quite frankly, the result in the PL doesn't really matter as they'll both be in the ESL next year anyway. So, both clubs get their heads together and agree to field their reserve teams in the derby.

Who is going to watch that game? Who is going to give a single fuck about the result?
I understand the feeling but I don’t think it matters even now. We didn’t prioritise the Leeds game and we clearly didn’t turn up for the derby either. If we had a derby 2 days before a CL semi final I’m confident that the club would prioritise the latter even now.

Reading the comments, to me it feels like people are wexed about the whole idea and fearful about what it would do to the game. I look around and see that that those things are already happening right now. UEFA will introduce a prestige and history coefficient that effectively guarantees CL spots to “traditional teams” and people will be angry about it but not to the same extent as the reaction towards ESL. Even though the impact is nearly the same. The only difference is we’re entrenched in one shit system and the other one is a new shit system.

If someone were to introduce the existing CL model as a new thing, it would be thrown out the window before the slightest consideration. But we accept it because of inertia, nothing more.

P.S. I am against ESL and have voted the same in the poll.

I have been in favor of that from the get go.

I grew up having to watch Rag Title procession formality year in,year out for well over a decade.God it was boring,season being all but over by Christmas most years.

No one could touch them financially,they bought all the best players.And that was that.Everyone else had to deal with it.

Their fans had no problem with all that anti-competitive bull shit,they lapped it all up,loved it.

Then along came more money Chelsea,and the Rags didn't like that.They thought that was cheating "buying Titles" Chelsea money was not earned like their morally,ethically clean money.

Their logic was our money was earned through sponsorship etc,Chelsea is a Sugar daddy,this is terrible for the game,financial doping.Fucking unbelievable logic.

Then along came others like our owners.

Then the Rags,Chelsea,Arsenal,Liverpool, that all had recent bankrolled success,all had a problem with erghhhhhh bank rolled success.Chelsea owner Abramovich a Russian Oligarch,suddenly didn't like the competition.Became a big advocate of FFP.After bankrolling Chelsea he wanted to shut the door on competition like ours.

For years we have needed a much fairer system in place, that Caps what every team can spend.Not only would it make the League more competitive,and enjoyable for neutrals. It would force teams to invest more in youth,become more organic,home grown,surely that is a good thing.

We all know though, they dont really want fair competition.They want an anti-competitive cartel.And that is where the game is at now.

I dont have much time for UEFA,they tried to kill us,lay our lifeless Body on an Alter for these fuckers.They tried to appease the Beast.In the end the Beast grew to big and consumed UEFA.
Excellent post, in some ways I want this to happen for this fucking bubble to burst once and for all.

Lots of misinformation floating about, there's a few things to consider.

1. City are not leaving the Premierleague (unless thrown out which is highly unlikely).
2. The UEFA CL will still exist.
3. We're quitting the UEFA competition and swapping to ESL (don't recall United being persecuted for trying the European cup).
4. The ESL clubs have already submitted court orders against the "blockers" of this idea, like FIFA & UEFA.

All this City must turn back will not happen. I don't like the closed shop idea either, but one by one the big clubs will arrive in the ESL (Bayern/PSG etc) and the CL will wither on the vine.
I really hope you are wrong.

Blue sky wrote...
I don’t get the top 4 argument. The CL still exists. Now Burnley will be gutted that West Ham have made the CL spots. The big 6 is out of the equation, nobody cares. It might be less exciting for us, but for the other 14, it’s massively more exciting. They now actually have a chance at qualifying for CL - almost a certainty instead of just a dream. This is hands down better for the rest of the league.

My first post on here as I wanted to see what you lot thought and its good to see the thoughts of you lot given your owners don't really need the money unlike the yanks.

Just had to say that we don't want to get in any CL by default and the reason we want to get in it is that it shows we have a good year against ALL teams.

So blue sky is wrong in saying we are happy there are 6 'big clubs' possibly being thrown out, we want to beat everyone, not just those that have been ignored.

What a disgraceful way of reporting it when we are all desperate for any/some of the 6 to show strength and do the right thing. He should be using the platform he has in the media, to ask/beg that someone does the right thing. Reporting that any of these clubs are showing weakness by considering backing out is completely the wrong message.
That would imply it is us that is pulling out for me.

If it was Utd or Liverpool it would be given the big stamp of approval.

I understand the feeling but I don’t think it matters even now. We didn’t prioritise the Leeds game and we clearly didn’t turn up for the derby either. If we had a derby 2 days before a CL semi final I’m confident that the club would prioritise the latter even now.

Reading the comments, to me it feels like people are wexed about the whole idea and fearful about what it would do to the game. I look around and see that that those things are already happening right now. UEFA will introduce a prestige and history coefficient that effectively guarantees CL spots to “traditional teams” and people will be angry about it but not to the same extent as the reaction towards ESL. Even though the impact is nearly the same. The only difference is we’re entrenched in one shit system and the other one is a new shit system.

If someone were to introduce the existing CL model as a new thing, it would be thrown out the window before the slightest consideration. But we accept it because of inertia, nothing more.
Nope, they released the new iteration of it yesterday. This is why they published the ESL the day before.

Ask yourself what the target market has made of the announcement, because that’s not you, me or Derek down the road, it’s not even Francois, Giuseppe or Carlos....and their numbers are hugely enticing for those without an innate love of the game.

Edit: Ouch, did not notice your name was. Carlos :)
I know what you’re saying but football is part of the fabric of the society in this country and i’ve never know a backlash against something so strongly felt, there is a unity amongst all fans of every club which are huge numbers of people, mass protest can make changes, even our shithouse media are behind us in this one, it’s doomed to fail i honestly believe.

Come on city your not like the Rags dippers and arsenal's of this world just pull away from this crap and show us fans that you do care what we think. We are man city for fucksake

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.