The Title Race 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were 2-0 down to Liverpool in the last game of the 1995/6 season, and pulled it back to 2-2 with ten minus to go, and got relegated. Did that feel like a win?
We were pretty shit that day, not just the keeping the ball in the corner when we needed a win! Fighting amongst ourselves in platt lane i remember. Also looked like liverpool were trying to let us off the hook that day as they always did the double over us. That game was different as we were soooo poor. That was one of worst id seen us tbf

Even a draw keeps it in our own hands.
Do people not see the danger in this though? We’ve gone from needing to beat Arsenal at all costs to thinking “well, a draw is good now” and they’ve gone through the exact reverse. That change in mindset on both sides can actually make this game more difficult? Pep has had the team purring by making out that each game is win or bust. The Arsenal game would have been that too but now it isn’t. So the players need to actually show they’re unaffected by that. If we give them an inch, they’ll take a mile. We need to still play like we desperately need to win.

I don't get this.. "a draw against arse will be okay now". No it won't, at this stage it's still almost a must win. One of our games in hand against Brighton away is more than difficult.

I don't get this.. "a draw against arse will be okay now". No it won't, at this stage it's still almost a must win. One of our games in hand against Brighton away is more than difficult.
and Brentford, plus it gives us a bit of flexibility for the leeds and everton games before Madrid. We need to win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.