The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That’s all fair comment mate, but there’s a difference between being confident and supremely so. Confident surely means you think the outcome you desire and/or predict is more likely than not. And I am confident we will beat Spurs.
I’m confident but I was on Saturday yet felt sick for 60 minutes, not sure my nerves can take tomorrow, cats best stay out of the house until we’re comfortably in front.

arsenal have played fantastic all season and have been the best team in the league

Arsenal have lost 3 league games in the league, 6 in all competitions, since our last defeat in early December. They've been top recently mostly because they have played more games. If they still are top after tomorrow's game, then fair play to them. Let's see what happens vs Spurs.

A draw wouldn't be a great result but wouldn't be the end of the world either. We are capable of putting 6 past W Ham, given the form of both teams.

There's a small part of me that really wants a draw tomorrow.

That ferocious first half against Liverpool in the Champions League, where we attempting to come back from 3-0, was probably the nearest we've seen to Pep letting loose, and I'd love to see it again.

Final day, none of this 'trust the process', or 'a thousand million passes'.

Pep look every player in the eye moments before the match. Turns away. Stops, then looks back.

"UNLEASH HELL!"
Disagree entirely.

“Trust the process” and “a thousand million passes” have led us to become the greatest English side ever to play the game.

Pep’s evolved since 17/18 , no way would this team lose that game at Anfield or go gung ho in the return fixture. We squeeze the life out of teams now.

No unleashing hell needed. Calm words and calm minds will see us go out and dismantle Spurs and Weat Ham with surgical precision

Semi final v Madrid at home

Partly, although we still only needed to win by a single goal, so there was some control.

I read after the game, that Pep had instructed players to not try and go past players in the first leg. Obviously partly out of the safety first away style, but also it said that he wanted Madrid to be more relaxed, so that they'd be genuinely unsettled when players they thought they could control, started driving past them.

Disagree entirely.

“Trust the process” and “a thousand million passes” have led us to become the greatest English side ever to play the game.

Pep’s evolved since 17/18 , no way would this team lose that game at Anfield or go gung ho in the return fixture. We squeeze the life out of teams now.

No unleashing hell needed. Calm words and calm minds will see us go out and dismantle Spurs and Weat Ham with surgical precision

We all know that.

All I'm saying, is that a small part of me, would like to see how Pep would deal with the situation. We know he's the best, and seeing him tackle a different problem would surely be exciting?

Really? Very few people on this board would swap Villa or QPR, for one of the final day processions.

I'm hoping we win at Spurs, but if we went into the West Ham game with real jeopardy, and won it with a goal fest, it would be one of the all time great games.
I understand what your saying if it was a level playing field on GD but it’s not is it, they have a 3 goal head start so your argument doesn’t stand up, if we draw tomorrow the league is gone, more exciting to win and then beat W Ham with 50k blues twirling there scarves above there heads, that would be brilliant, and I would be jealous because I’m working.

Really? Very few people on this board would swap Villa or QPR, for one of the final day processions.

I'm hoping we win at Spurs, but if we went into the West Ham game with real jeopardy, and won it with a goal fest, it would be one of the all time great games.
I was at both and wouldn't change them now.Doesn't mean I want to risk going through that again, plus just needing a win which we will isn't the same as needing to score 5 or 6 and still not knowing if it's enough.Doubt anyone going to the game wants that pressure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.