The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think there's a cyclic problem. Opponents press more, and we beat the press but don't have the shark team feel to take advantage, and the ball goes back and we have to beat the same players we took out by beating the press. So teams are less fearful of our speed of attack (and counter-attack) so are less reluctant to press us at our end. They're more inclined to "have a go" than park the bus and rely on counter attack.

(We used to bang the ball forward at pace, and the receiving player seemed to know whether to play it back, hold it, or turn to face goal. So many times now we're shouting turn with it, but it goes back.)
Because Kev,silva,Gundo,Yaya could see and play that ball that made an attack into a chance instead of a back to the centre circle.
Now that is largely down to Phil to do all this creativity thing and too much pressure is now on the lad to unlock things personally instead of him being part of the machine.

Because Kev,silva,Gundo,Yaya could see and play that ball that made an attack into a chance instead of a back to the centre circle.
Now that is largely down to Phil to do all this creativity thing and too much pressure is now on the lad to unlock things personally instead of him being part of the machine.
We've been blessed to witness such greatness. Fantastic players.

It amuses me greatly that posters say that Kovacic and Nunes (who are both in their first season) aren’t adequate to replace Marhez and Gundogan (who were both widely berated in their first season with City).

Pep Guardiola is our manager. He knows what he’s doing. He will improve those players. It’s what he does, with one notable exception.

Maybe he’s earned a bit of slack?

He’s not infallible, but he’s surely got enough credits in the bank?

It amuses me greatly that posters say that Kovacic and Nunes (who are both in their first season) aren’t adequate to replace Marhez and Gundogan (who were both widely berated in their first season with City).

Pep Guardiola is our manager. He knows what he’s doing. He will improve those players. It’s what he does, with one notable exception.

Maybe he’s earned a bit of slack?

He’s not infallible, but he’s surely got enough credits in the bank?

The concerning point for most here is that we have to win 20 of our remaining 23 fixtures to get 90 points. Other teams can drop more and still get to 90+.

So we've dug ourselves quite a hole with our performances of late. The rest is just assigning blame on whoever they don't like at that time for whatever reason.

The concerning point for most here is that we have to win 20 of our remaining 23 fixtures to get 90 points. Other teams can drop more and still get to 90+.

So we've dug ourselves quite a hole with our performances of late. The rest is just assigning blame on whoever they don't like at that time for whatever reason.
I'd be very surprised if 90 points are required this season. It's only happened twice in the PL era - our title wins in 2018-19 and 2021-22. For the runners up to get to 90, it needs to be a two horse race with third place a long way adrift and I just can't see this season panning out like that at all.

No way is any team going to need 90 points to win the PL this season.

Is Bernardo not classed as being creative?

Im not concerned at all....beat luton we're 4pts off the top with more than half a season still to play I wouldn't call that quite a hole really. Judging by some of the performances ive seen from teams currently above us in the table there isnt a single one i'd put money on finishing on 90+ points this season.....there have been some very average performances just watch liverpools last 2 games, both wins but looked very average in both games. We'll get our mojo back soon as we always do about this time and some very handy looking fixtures coming our way now that terrible run of league fixtures is done....can see us going on a mega run now I have every faith.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.