The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
People need to chill about the dippers win today and how it panned out. They picked up three points which is exactly what everyone expected this morning. The circumstances of how it happened may be deflating but in terms of the big picture, nothing has changed. Today has the feel of Arsenal's comeback 97th minute win against Bournemouth last season when it was also all gloom and doom here.
Rivals dropping points is always a nice bonus but we ultimately can't control those games. Let's just concentrate on tomorrow and if we can take care of business over the next few weeks, everything will hopefully fall into place.
If team that wins the league will have a few of these, but similarly if you play poorly and need regular last minute winners you'll come a cropper eventually as it's unsustainable. Seen it with Arsenal last season, Liverpool every time they've lost the league to us in a close race etc. we are barely in the "run-in" in my opinion, today is a good sign that Liverpool don't have the legs for it.

I will be gutted if the team that was beat in the cup final, that couldn’t even be bothered to turn up in bad weather a few days later at home, and we could; be anywhere near this title.

I watched the Forest game and i don't get what all the whining with the 8 minutes added on. Forest keeper was down for 3 and a half minutes and there was 7 second half substitutions, there's another 3 and a half minutes. 1 minute extra for fannying about like time wasting , Gibbs-white booked for it.

What annoyed me was when the game was stopped when Forest were in possession but when the game restarted Kelleher was given the ball, bizarre why Tierney awarded Kelleher the kick!
Forest squandered a few decent chances and Kelleher saved a certain goal with his foot. Liverpool pressurised them for the equaliser and if it wasn't for a forest player trying to pass the ball out instead of blasting it upfield then Forest may have hung on for a deserved draw, imo.

A draw would have meant us going to Anfield only needing a draw(providing we win tomorrow) and being a point ahead, now it means that it's a must win game to have the title in our own destiny. We can do it and it's time to go there and beat Liverpool.

Last edited:
It's a shame, but if there is a moment to play Liverpool away is now. They have a lot of injured players and they have Europa League on Thursday, and they won't be able to rotate that much because they have like 15 available players (no idea if they will recover players in one week).

None of that will matter if we don't win tomorrow, so first things first.

Chill !!!
It’s only early March.
Liverpool and Arsenal scoring last minute goals will stop when it’s squeezy bump time.
If they play like this next week we will batter both rags and dippers within a week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.