The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The last two years, the recruitment has been shocking, with the exception of Gvardiol.

Then there is the team set up Players played out of position,notably Gvardiol and Alvarez. Foden could’ve been better utilised in many games. Bobb not used enough. Haaland seemingly un droppable.

Either it has gone stale or the players are not good enough. Football is slow and predictable.

Lucky to be only three points of the top.

Last season was as much down to Arsenal falling off a cliff as us.

The Madrid home leg was perfection, but we’ve seen little since.

It’s not over, but we don’t deserve to win it. Can’t beat any decent team in this league.
As fine a post of complete entitled over reacting toys out of the pram bullshit as I have ever read in here

We can’t win it every year and to cone off a treble win and still be in 3 cups is a feat in itself. We cannot keep going every year with the sane squad as the hunger will not be there and that is why we evolve and players like Mahrez gundo Laporte move on and we hopefully bring in the next crop of hungry players. Upfront is a massive problem we only have Haaland and alveraz and it they are not playing well which is happening then we don’t score goals . I’m ok with not winning it this year and I look forward to our title challenge next season and for the record I’ve said Liverpool will win this since November and still win think they will but this will be their final year and that team will break up .

The last two years, the recruitment has been shocking, with the exception of Gvardiol.

Then there is the team set up Players played out of position,notably Gvardiol and Alvarez. Foden could’ve been better utilised in many games. Bobb not used enough. Haaland seemingly un droppable.

Either it has gone stale or the players are not good enough. Football is slow and predictable.

Lucky to be only three points of the top.

Last season was as much down to Arsenal falling off a cliff as us.

The Madrid home leg was perfection, but we’ve seen little since.

It’s not over, but we don’t deserve to win it. Can’t beat any decent team in this league.
Just had a quick look at your posting history. You've spent the whole of our club's most successful period, and one of the most successful decades in any club's history, crying online about how Pep and the boys weren't good enough. Weird.

Just had a quick look at your posting history. You've spent the whole of our club's most successful period, and one of the most successful decades in any club's history, crying online about how Pep and the boys weren't good enough. Weird.
There are a few like that,they seem incapable of getting any pleasure from our ,or any other teams, most successful period in our history. I find in very weird.No idea what they'll do when things return to normal.

There's a reason why only 2 teams have ever won the treble. There's also a reason why no team as ever successfully defended the treble.

Something has to give.
I disagree. Up until the last year, I would have wholeheartedly agreed. But this year I have found myself thinking, there has just never been a team good enough. Same with 4 leagues in a row.

I think this team is actually good enough. To do either, or both. We have just had a little bit of bad luck, and if just a few moments had gone our way, it would be a whole other story.

The Spurs draw, the two Liverpool draws. The Palace draw. 4 moments, 8 points worse off. Add the chelsea penalty not given for 10. Not to mention liverpool themselves then being worse off.

I honestly think, if the last two fixtures were reversed either side of the break, we would have pumped Arsenal, and still managed a draw with Liverpool imo. Said the same the last break, when we played Chelsea before it and Liverpool after. We would have beaten both. The momentum interruptions haven't fallen well for us.

That's football and these things happen. You need a bit of luck, even when the quality is there. Nothing has 'given'. We just had moments cost us, without enough moments to balance it out which would usually happen.

Treble documentary is out tomorrow in Netflix, so let's all watch that and remind ourselves how incredible that was.
Amen!

I've never at any point this season fancied us to win the league. That's not because of how we've been playing but the laws of average. The chances of us winning 4 on the trot are remote. You then add in the fact we lost big players like Gundo and Marhez, plus laporte. I think to be 3 points behind with 9 games left is an amazing achievement. If we go on and win it, it will be unbelievable! If not hopefully we win champions league and fa cup and go again next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.