The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anybody who thinks Arsenal (this season) are bottle jobs are living in the past. This is a 3 horse race and could finish anyway up. CTID
We will fight till the end you can be sure of that. KEEP THE FAITH
I don’t think they are bottle jobs but I don’t think they will win it either
I think Liverpool are the main threat
No champions league and decent set of fixtures
I think if we finish on 91 points (which we now have to) then anyone that beats us will be deserving winners

Spurs home is the only tricky fixture there for Liverpool, and like us they just don't drop many points at all at home
Disagree. West Ham away and Villa away are tricky games as well, both teams are fighting for european spots. Even the merseyside derby could be tricky as Everton are fighting relegation. Liverpool 23/24 not as good as 18/19, 19/20 and 21/22. They will drop points.

People saying that Liverpool only have one tricky game left, can’t have been paying much attention to their recent form.

Their last three games, all at home they’ve drawn with City and struggled to edge past Brighton and Sheff. Utd.

Their last away game they needed a dodgy injury time winner to get past Forest.

They haven’t convincingly beaten anybody since Luton in February. Even then they were trailing well into the second half.

They’re finding every game tricky at the moment.

People saying that Liverpool only have one tricky game left, can’t have been paying much attention to their recent form.

Their last three games, all at home they’ve drawn with City and struggled to edge past Brighton and Sheff. Utd.

Their last away game they needed a dodgy injury time winner to get past Forest.

They haven’t convincingly beaten anybody since Luton in February. Even then they were trailing well into the second half.

They’re finding every game tricky at the moment.
Apart from today's probably

Liverpool have 3 tricky away fixtures after each other. Maybe some EL games in the mix. If I was to choose a runin, I would definitely have chosen ours. No derbies or tougher teams apart from Spurs away. Brighton don’t worry me. This is normally the time of the season we really click as well, sometimes earlier, which considering we haven’t lost in ages can be said this season as well. Our only negative as I see it is points collected and goal difference, but think we’re about to iron that out as well. We have taken 8 points against 2 teams that have caused immense troubles recently and also Arsenal plus Liverpool away. Much more confident than a couple of weeks ago, that’s for sure.

Got to say arsenal do look good and they have shown fighting spirit this season . They will not bottle like they did last season as their recruitment as worked well for them . Rice has been great and Kai havertz is the player he was at leverkusen who was wanted by everyone.

Strangely relaxed about not winning the league. Wft is that all about?

Not strange. I feel it here too. This is not a vintage season, it has not been a vintage season. To not beat your two direct rivals to be champions at all during the season is, to put it mildly, not a very convincing qualification.
It also consoles — a lot — that we have a serious chance of winning the F.A. Cup, and (I believe this, and don't quite know why we're being written off by some) the Champions League. Sure, I've just said we're not great. But Real are not great, either. Nobody who's left really worries me. Funnily enough, if Inter or Bayer Leverkusen were in it, I'd feel differently. We all know that the best team in Europe that year is not necessarily who wins it (although it definitely was the case last June!). We'll have a better idea at the end of the evening on Tuesday.
Oh and we may still be PL champions, of course. The rags had a knack of not turning in vintage seasons from time to time, and still being at the top of the table when all the shouting had died down. Used to piss me off no end. Is the irony now that we have acquired that knack? It will sure as hell piss off others. I'd back us to win all our games from here on in. I really would. The problem is we need two other teams to drop points now. I have my doubts about that. One, maybe. But both?
What we must never become is entitled. I would hate City fans if they became that (there are now signs of it among our younger supporters). High expectations, yes. Entitled — never. If we win no trophies this season, I'll be hugely disappointed, but I'll still thank the team and the club for giving me times that I never expected to see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.