The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just need to get the job done at Fulham and Brighton.

Win them, we can perhaps still afford a draw somewhere if we beat Wolves and West Ham.

Would be confident of getting the goals if needed but the aways still difficult.
I actually think Arsenal and Liverpool will drop points before we play Brighton. We could go four clear if we get a result there which would be madness after the way it has panned out up until today.

But we do it year in year out. We wait patiently. Take our medicine if we drop points and just crack on. The hunger from the manager and this team is just off the scale.

Going to be another mad few weeks.

The reality is Liverpool and Arsenal can put the pressure back on as both play twice more before we play

Liverpool have

Fulham and Everton

Arsenal have

Wolves and Chelsea.

If both win their games we will be 4 points behind both with 2 games in hand (and a worse GD then Arsenal).

So will need to be perfect against Brighton away (with 9 days rest) and Spurs away (where we have never scored in the league.

I’m of the theory that if either Arsenal or Liverpool win their next 6 they win it. If they drop points then we win it.

Arsenal could potentially still win with 5 wins and a draw due to goal difference.
*Obviously not as excited about today as everyone else on here*

I said before the Luton game that if we were going to drop points it would be against the likes of teams like Luton. I think we could drop points in any of the games still left! Nothing's nailed on.
Glass half empty. Understandable for obvious reasons. But……
Once Pep gets in front, he doesn’t lose.
Typical City now is very different to our Typical City.

In our own hands. All we could hope for. Six games, win them and we're history makers, again. Probably never be matched, not for centuries at least.

Win twelve games, and it's double treble winners, something never done before and well and truly burying all talk of the class of 92 and whether slurgie, klopp or indeed anyone is even on the same ethereal plain as Pep. Insane to get to April and be talking about that.

But as boring as it is, one game at a time. Lots to do before we even think about Brighton. Let's focus on us, who knows by the time we get back to league action we could still be top with two games in hand. Pressure is on arsenal and liverpool now.

Both Liverpool and Arsenal play TWICE before we play again.

Next weekend
Saturday Wolves v Arsenal
Sunday Fulham v Liverpool

Tuesday Arsenal v Chelsea
Wednesday Everton v Liverpool
Thursday Brighton v City
D58EDBAD-FF52-426E-B5AE-71C147E0F36B.jpeg

We have been stuck between 2nd & 3rd gear all season. Pep pulls this off i think this might be my favourite title.

Still a few twist to go but our boys are not letting this go again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.