The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just hope to God Pep doesn't have to do a Mourinho tomorrow and wait for Taylor on the car park after the game

If we go away to Fulham 10 times I'd expect us to win 8, draw 1 and lose 1.

Every season there are a few games where we absolutely batter the opposition and through pure luck don't win. Real home was the last one. I have total belief in the players and their ability to do the job, and that is bolstered by our full squad and current form, but this is my fear. A devastating freak result.

On the flip side it could happen to Arsenal too of course.

It's the little voice in my head that's causing me issues at the moment. The one that is telling me that whilst we've won from these situations before, we won't always.

But ultimately, I'm still that kid who didn't think I'd see City lift a major trophy. I thought relegation and promotion battles were stressful, and they were, but I didn't appreciate how much this would take out of me!

I've said a few times, the fact we're still here and still fighting after all we've achieved is remarkable and something that we don't get enough credit for. I think as a fanbase we've dropped off a notch this season from the previous success, so let's just be glad we're not responsible for getting the job done.

It’s not the same though. There are only two feasible ways we can win this title. Win all our games or win two and draw one. For the latter to conceivably happen we need to win big in the other two. All some posters (including me) are saying is that if we’re winning by a decent margin on Saturday after (say) an hour, then we would prefer us to try and increase that lead rather than preserve it, as a form of insurance - and to put more pressure on Arsenal. Others may disagree with that approach and they are perfectly entitled to, as it’s a perfectly logical and sensible, if somewhat cautious perspective.

On the other hand, every single poster on here (who is a blue) wants us to win all three, irrespective of how we do it. There is no sensible counterpoint to that perspective.

So there is a distinction.
If after an hour we lead Fulham by 3 goals I’d prefer us not to charge around on a hot sunny afternoon in search of more goals.

Get any five of Rodri, KDB, Bernie, Kyle, Phil, Stonesy and Erling off and rest up for the de facto title decider on Tuesday night

It's the little voice in my head that's causing me issues at the moment. The one that is telling me that whilst we've won from these situations before, we won't always.

But ultimately, I'm still that kid who didn't think I'd see City lift a major trophy. I thought relegation and promotion battles were stressful, and they were, but I didn't appreciate how much this would take out of me!

I've said a few times, the fact we're still here and still fighting after all we've achieved is remarkable and something that we don't get enough credit for. I think as a fanbase we've dropped off a notch this season from the previous success, so let's just be glad we're not responsible for getting the job done.
I have that exact same niggle. The narrative across the whole of football is that City always see these situations through but there will be one we will blow. You want me to be honest? I think it will be this one.

I have that exact same niggle. The narrative across the whole of football is that City always see these situations through but there will be one we will blow. You want me to be honest? I think it will be this one.
Which fixture Dave?

If after an hour we lead Fulham by 3 goals I’d prefer us not to charge around on a hot sunny afternoon in search of more goals.

Get any five of Rodri, KDB, Bernie, Kyle, Phil, Stonesy and Erling off and rest up for the de facto title decider on Tuesday night
It’s a perfectly valid viewpoint.

I’m Kevin Keegan to your Stuart Pearce… :-)

It’s bound to happen eventually and tbf it would be far easier to take than if we’d blown it in 2012, 2014, 2019 and 2022. The last one, for example, would have completely changed the narrative around our domination.

Still hope you’re wrong about this year though mate!

Shit or bust

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.