The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t agree. Plenty of people are inveterate risk takers who think that everything will work out fine, or come good in the end. They often take irrational risks because they assume that those risks will bear fruit. If humans were exclusively psychologically wired to expect the worst case scenario then no one would gamble, for example.
We work on the majority principle. There's always exceptions to the rules.
However, gambling is in everyone to a greater or lesser extent. Same as optimism and pessimism.
It's all down to the individuals internal psychological risk assessment.
Most err on the safe side of pessimism.

I agree, Doku, Kovacic and Nunes have not improved us one iota. We just don’t have that fire power and defensive stability this season.
I said at the time along with many others that out transfer window was terrible.

Gundogan > Nunes
Mahrez > Doku
Palmer > Kovacic
Laporte <> Gbardiol

Our lack of a top level central midfielder replacement for Gundogan has really hurt us

It’s not fair enough though, is it? it’s actually completely unfair, ungracious and disrespectful to a group of players that have given us so much. Thank fuck the players aren’t as mentally weak as so many posters on here.

Like @urban genie said, what the fuck are this tedious lot going to be like when we inevitably fall away when Pep leaves? Needy and boring as fuck is the simple answer.
I’m keeping the faith, mate. :-)

We are definitely still in the race, but I have concerns about the chances we concede to our opponents eg Chelsea had several opportunities to score yesterday on the break. Defensively we need to improve, playing Stones if fit is a must imo. By the end of March we will know if we can still win the League.

Winning the CL and the FA Cup wouldn't be the worst season.
Would be a bloody amazing season

only winning one game (rags away) from all this is concerning:
Chelsea away
Chelsea home
Pool home
Spurs home
Villa away
rags away
Arsenal away

last season we literally won all of these except Villa away was a draw and rags away was a referee cheating loss.
16 points from 21 last season of above 7 games, quite great return.
this season its 7 points from 21.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.