The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Of course it's easy to be wise after the event, but the more I think about it, I'm convinced that if we'd got through and had two matches against Bayern, + a CL final, it would have been a bridge too far, and we would have fallen at all hurdles.
Yes, we did it last season. But the configurations were pretty different. We got through against both Bayern and Real without too much fuss. We've got walking wounded that we didn't have then. People like Rodri and Kev are a year older, and that's starting to show in recovery times between matches. We had a fairly benign semi-final against Sheffield United. And Arsenal folded. None of that holds good for this year.
I think we'll win the Cup and the league, and if we do personally I'll be completely over the moon.
I think you're right on this it could have been a step too far. Winning the league is the most important

Remaining fixtures for all sides below in order.

Hoping we've got the chance to beat Brighton and go top with a game in hand, but think that's unlikely!

We're always playing catch up, but that game against Fulham could see us win early and put pressure on before two "trickier" games for Arsenal and Liverpool. I hope we don't have to get something from Spurs, that's going to kill me otherwise. I think they'd rather we won it than Liverpool or Arsenal but I can see them losing to Arsenal then beating us such is the way that football club work!

Tues Arse v Chelsea (Played 34)
Wed Everton v Dippers (Played 34)
Thurs Brighton v City (Played 33)

Sat 27th 12.30 West Ham v Dippers (Played 35)
Sun 28th 2pm Spurs v Arse (Played 35)
Sun 28th 4.30pm Forest v City (Played 34)

Sat 4th 12.30pm Arse v Bournemouth (Played 36)
Sat 4th 5.30pm City v Wolves (Played 35)
Sun 5th 4.30pm Dippers v Spurs (Played 36)

Sat 11th 12.30pm Fulham v City (Played 36)
Sun 12th 4.30pm Rags v Arse (Played 37)
Mon 13th 8pm Villa v Dippers (Played 37)
Tues 14th 8pm Spurs v City (Played 37)

Sun 19th 4pm Arse v Everton, Dippers v Wolves, City v West Ham (final day)

Remaining fixtures for all sides below in order.

Hoping we've got the chance to beat Brighton and go top with a game in hand, but think that's unlikely!

We're always playing catch up, but that game against Fulham could see us win early and put pressure on before two "trickier" games for Arsenal and Liverpool. I hope we don't have to get something from Spurs, that's going to kill me otherwise. I think they'd rather we won it than Liverpool or Arsenal but I can see them losing to Arsenal then beating us such is the way that football club work!

Tues Arse v Chelsea (Played 34)
Wed Everton v Dippers (Played 34)
Thurs Brighton v City (Played 33)

Sat 27th 12.30 West Ham v Dippers (Played 35)
Sun 28th 2pm Spurs v Arse (Played 35)
Sun 28th 4.30pm Forest v City (Played 34)

Sat 4th 12.30pm Arse v Bournemouth (Played 36)
Sat 4th 5.30pm City v Wolves (Played 35)
Sun 5th 4.30pm Dippers v Spurs (Played 36)

Sat 11th 12.30pm Fulham v City (Played 36)
Sun 12th 4.30pm Rags v Arse (Played 37)
Mon 13th 8pm Villa v Dippers (Played 37)
Tues 14th 8pm Spurs v City (Played 37)

Sun 19th 4pm Arse v Everton, Dippers v Wolves, City v West Ham (final day)
I'ld be much happier if Chelsea win tomorrow. Ideally with a injury time palmer penalty after a free kick glanced an arm on the way through. Obviously have zero hope of Everton getting a result but hopefully Dyche will at least set them up to kick fuck out them and make them feel like they've been in a game rather than a training match preparing for west ham.

I'ld be much happier if Chelsea win tomorrow. Ideally with a injury time palmer penalty after a free kick glanced an arm on the way through. Obviously have zero hope of Everton getting a result but hopefully Dyche will at least set them up to kick fuck out them and make them feel like they've been in a game rather than a training match preparing for west ham.

I think Arsenal and Liverpool will both win. Chelsea have a few missing and just can't put the ball in the net. Palmer's their best option but he's ill so doubtful.

Spurs and United away are Arsenal's potential hiccups, but football's a funny game and they could win both but draw with Bournemouth which would be typical of their results last season.

Villa and Spurs at home are Liverpool's. I can't stop feeling like Liverpool are our biggest threat even though their form all season has been hit and miss and there's nothing to suggest that will change so it's Arsenal I should probably be more worried about.

It's that time of year when I look at all opposition teams and think they're a threat so it's one game at a time for us.

Let's be honest here - Arse are playing a mid table club at home. IF they are about to drop points this week it's 100 % at the weekend.

And I watched Everton last weekend, they could've conceded five and they were playing forest FFS. I'm not hoping for injuries for anyone but purely in terms of pretty much only way how Everton can hurt scouse title hopes is a repeat of the pickford-van dyke indicent.

we absolutely must win all our games And we probs need to ramp up our GD too if we want the title this season.

Long way to go, let's enjoy the ride

A few twists and turns to come yet I think in this title race. I don't think it'll be as straight forward as what a lot of people are predicting

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.