The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bar Spurs, Arsenal will win their remaining games. We can’t afford a draw. Their goal difference isn’t catchable now. We have to win every game, including Spurs away.
Reality is we’re playing Liverpool for goal difference and Arsenal’s GD is like an extra point for them.

Adding the pressure as we can’t afford to draw.

Hopefully Liverpool drop points tomorrow as otherwise are chances have dropped without us playing.

Arsenal are the best team in this league.
Despite what the table suggests, the best team doesn't always win the league. Most seasons we have won it, we've deserved to, but a couple of others I've felt we winged it, to be honest.

I’m not saying we won’t win the title this season, but if we’d kept

If!?

I said Arsenal still have to play Spurs. Meaning it isn’t a formality.

So why say dear me?

If we draw or lose to Spurs. If?

Arsenal have done their bit. Wolves and Chelsea. They can sit back and relax.

Arsenal have Spurs away, Bournemouth at home, United away, and Everton at home. Which is now a far easier runin than we’ve got atm with two games in hand, but not the points, yet.
Utd away isn't an easy game for them. Never is.

Think you forgot the most annoying one against Palace

All teams will have those games, I think City are normally so good they every game you could look back and think we should have won.

We where outclassed at Villa, but first few minutes Haaland had 2 great chances which would make it a very different game.

Reality is we’re playing Liverpool for goal difference and Arsenal’s GD is like an extra point for them.

Hopefully Liverpool drop points tomorrow as otherwise are chances have dropped without us playing.
They'll have the points in the bag but I'm still confident we'll win all our games.

True.

Looking back, hindsight and luck. It looks like Arteta’s 0-0 tactic at the Etihad could, I said could, win Arsenal the title still. Note, could. I’m not saying it will.

Last edited:
Despite what the table suggests, the best team doesn't always win the league. Most seasons we have won it, we've deserved to, but a couple of others I've felt we winged it, to be honest.
We haven't been the best team this season in reality, its been pretty even between all three challengers.

Can you tell my hubby that? He's a Liverpool supporter and he reckons it'll be an Everton win lol
Can't believe you still haven't divorced him. He seems like quite a big red as its been mentioned a few times. Usually a ''quite big red = quite a big ****'' tbf

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.