The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really enjoy reading the various Psychological theories on whether it’s better to have games in hand or not.
I very much doubt Pep and the squad are looking beyond the Brighton game.
Dippers and Arse fans are praying we slip up. Dippers need both Arse and us to falter.
Both sides didn’t let previous defeats or the fact we went Top affect them.
Expect nothing from the rivals in terms of losing more points.
It is certainly fascinating:-)
Bloody love this Club in any case.

We take a draw and try bank on Tottenham taking something from Arsenal would be foolish. We draw this match, the title is over for us. Arsenal will make sure to steamroll Tottenham and ManU. They already have a superior GD, which counts as a point by itself. I can not imagine use getting stopped by GD on our way to making history and winning the 4-Peat, that would be very hard to take!!!
I think we should try and win all, but this seasons team look fked at this stage - i hope im wrong but i wouldn't be surprised if we draw v Brighton but then win at Forest..and possibly Spurs draw v Arsenal..all game on still.

Pressure mate.

We know the team has not been at its best this season. Plus we have managed to pull it out of the bag the last few seasons with a long winning run. At some point we won’t be able to do that. Is it this season? Don’t know but stop conceding stupid goals would go along way to boosting support confidence.

The team has been fantastic mate. We've just seen them play three games in a week before going and drawing 3-3 at the Bernabeu despite them having 10 days off. Then we've seen them follow it up with a 5-1 win against Luton before making Real look even worse and being very unfortunate to go out on pens. Rather than cry about it, they rolled their sleeves up and went and gave it absolutely everything three days later in the cup to make the final.

We've won our last 3 league games 4-1, 4-2 and 5-1. Despite rotating with eyes on the CL.

Now we can go full strength to the end.

We just need to keep winning. One game at a time.

The team has been fantastic mate. We've just seen them play three games in a week before going and drawing 3-3 at the Bernabeu despite them having 10 days off. Then we've seen them follow it up with a 5-1 win against Luton before making Real look even worse and being very unfortunate to go out on pens. Rather than cry about it, they rolled their sleeves up and went and gave it absolutely everything three days later in the cup to make the final.

We've won our last 3 league games 4-1, 4-2 and 5-1. Despite rotating with eyes on the CL.

I always look at the spine of the team. If Stones, Dias, Rodri, De Bruyne and Haaland are all fit and available to play then we'll be fine. Obviously we have other important players too, but those five are the ones who combine leadership, physicality and excellence. When those five start together, we nearly always win.

I really enjoy reading the various Psychological theories on whether it’s better to have games in hand or not.
I very much doubt Pep and the squad are looking beyond the Brighton game.
Dippers and Arse fans are praying we slip up. Dippers need both Arse and us to falter.
Both sides didn’t let previous defeats or the fact we went Top affect them.
Expect nothing from the rivals in terms of losing more points.
It is certainly fascinating:-)
Bloody love this Club in any case.

Both sides lost home games after we went top, for what is probably the first time since maybe December.

Agree though, our guys will likely only be looking at the next game. Think this was well highlighted after our draw when Bernardo thought we had 6 or 7 games left, for the commentator to correct him it was actually 9. 'Back in it then'.

Although the documentary shows that no matter how much players focus only on the next game, they sometimes can't help thinking a bit ahead. As long as the focus is there for the 95 minutes on the pitch, all good.

What is our longest winning streak this season. I'm like you, I can't see us being capable of a long winning run. Scraping through knackered on Sat then away on South Coast Thursday hmmm could be very very tough. I'll take a draw as i feel Spurs might get something v Arse...otherwise if they don't Arsenal deserve it.
A draw won’t be enough, we need a win!

I was convinced we could draw and game and do the goal difference but last night changed that.

Its all out wins until they lose now.

I think City would have expected both Arsenal and dippers to get maximum points from the 2 games. Pep said he believes we need to win all our remaining games so it’s game on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.