The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pedant alert …
Old Trafford went grim on a certain last day of the season.
2011/12 Season is a nice example!

A vastly superior goal difference is only “worth” half a point.
Still a "half a point" more, if it goes down the wire. He who has that "half a point" will lift that trophy.
As you were
As I was...., "half a point"?
As I was..., on "Point"?
As I was..., Making "a point"?
As I was..., just pointing out will could be edged on GD if we draw any game and they win all theirs?
As I were what? Come on man, tell me, the suspense is killing me :(

They've still got the fatigue of previous games in their legs. Certain players have played pretty much every minute this season and that will take its toll and their style of play relies on them being completely at it intensity wise. They weren't against Villa as fatigue hit them in the 2nd half and it cost them the game.

I'd still expect Pep to be bringing key players like Rodri and De Bruyne off if we were 3-0 up, even for 20mins rest.
They've 4 games left. Don't play til Sunday then a week between every other game. Fatigue won't be a problem

However they got super lucky with Neto and Cunha missing for wolves and Palmer missing for Chelsea off the back of the fa cup semi.

I can definitely see them dropping at least 2 points if a team can score first against them and they have to mentally react

Arsenal are not dropping anymore points IMO, but that doesn't matter as we only have to concentrate on us. These next 4 days are crucial, if we get 2 wins then we will win the league. After Forest it's near enough a game a week until the end, so we will be fully refreshed from Wolves onwards. All away games are tough but Brighton and forest are on poor runs we should be winning both.
and after being beaten by villa everyone was saying Arsenal are bottlers.

No one has a clue. I wouldnt bet on who will win right now.

Arsenal are not dropping anymore points IMO, but that doesn't matter as we only have to concentrate on us. These next 4 days are crucial, if we get 2 wins then we will win the league. After Forest it's near enough a game a week until the end, so we will be fully refreshed from Wolves onwards. All away games are tough but Brighton and forest are on poor runs we should be winning both.
Not sure you can say that for sure especially with Spurs away one the horizon. EVERY fixture will be like a cup final.

Hands up expecting Arsenal and Liverpool to drop points last week? At home?? Versus Villa and Palace???
No-one?!?! Thought so.

They given us the advantage. And I know what we have done over the years towards real challengers. Brighton first …

In fairness, we'd have 'pissed the league' by now as we are, had two or three moments of luck gone our way instead of against us.

People forget how good we have actually been this season when swooning over Arsenal. A wee period of erratic games we absolutely dominated but didn't come away with all 3 points left us chasing instead of running away with it. But the truth is, I can't think of any more than 3 games we actually played bad in.
Everyone seems to forget we’re unbeaten in 29 games, have conceded a couple more than Arsenal and had scored similar until their game last night with our most creative player and the record goal scorer out for huge parts of it.

We’ve 2 in hand, could easily rack up a few goals in those, and be top at weekend again.

Some proper fanny wipes on here at times.

Just need to do our jobs in each game we are playing. We still have it in our hands, win all the games, win the league. I can’t see Arsenal dropping any points so we have to be perfect

people were saying they couldn't see arsenal dropping points two weeks ago but they did, same with the dippers.

There's a good chance all teams could drop points, we just can't expect it. If every game was won on paper, they'd hand us the trophy now because we're favourites in every game.

At least its in our hands to win or lose, not many of us were expecting that 2 weekends ago. The good thing is that I trust us to handle this situation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.