The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know mate. I know a few Spurs fans through work and they hate Arsenal and Liverpool much more. Decent lads to be fair. The crowd will want us to win, but what happens on the pitch could be different. As I said, typical Spurs to win a game they don't want to! This is the club who got Mourinho in to win a trophy then sacked him a week before a final!
Remember 1991,we played Leeds,many in the crowd were concerned that a victory for us would be very helpful to Utd in the Championship race .We won 4,Leeds won the League,happy days.

They would beforehand but then once it kicks off they get caught up in the emotion of the match. When we battered title chasing Leeds in the early 90s Maine Road was rocking despite the favour we were doing the rags
We had Everton a few years ago in a similar situation too.

I don't think for a minute that the Spurs players would change their game. That sort of thing only happens in the minds of fans. Totally agree it would be typical Spurs - and typical City - for them to win it and hand the title to Arsenal. A classic Premier League story.

I know it means nothing but we are due a slip up in a title race. It's never happened before but it will one day. Any team can lose a game they deserve to win - as we saw against Real Madrid. One red card or one deflection or an injury or two and in 45 minutes the title can be gone.

By the same logic, we've had our allocated bad luck and margins falling against us this season. Arsenal haven't. We are due a more winnable run.

They are but I’m still buzzing for two reasons -

- it hilarious watching teeth’s victory lap implode
- if we lose the league to Arsenal I don’t really mind. It’ll be like when Chelsea won it. Arsenal will deserve it fair and square and I don’t really feel any animosity towards them so it’s just one of those things.
fair points mate. Certainly cant begrudge arsenal if they win it at all, barring the odd blip they've been superb.

People are laughing at Liverpool mostly because they've spent close to a decade telling anyone who will listen they're the best team in the world and they have an admittedly good league winning season that was ruined by COVID, a European cup against Spurs, and a bunch of "nearly". The maudlin suffocating crowd and press have shagged their chances in Klopp's final season.
It’s mad isn’t it if you look at all then scousers commenting on the bbc
They are saying the Caraboa was Klopp send off and they expected no more
Last month they were winning the quad and Alonso was their new manager
They are so deluded

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.