The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This title race has been fascinating and it's not over yet. And it's not a done deal that MCFC will be champions. Will go to the last day. In fact, every single title race that we've been involved in (including ‘68, can't speak for ‘37, wasn't born, calling @Gary James) has been like that, with the single exception of 2017-18.
It is just pure bad faith. Not just from Trafford Park supporters, but also from that feral crowd from just south of Stanley Park in Liverpool. They never found it boring when they won it time after time for two full decades, with occasional one-season breaks off. Did they hell find it boring.
You want to talk boring? Celtic and Rangers, who have shared the Scottish title between them since virtually forever; Bayern Munich amassing 11 — that's eleven! — titles on the trot; Real Madrid and Barcelona (read as for Scottish league); Juventus winning 9 — that's nine! — titles on the trot. PSG who will carry on winning the French league for the foreseeable future.
And we may win four on the trot?
Just sheer bad faith.

I‘d be quite happy if we won eleven titles in a row, or indeed every title and trophy available for the next 50 years. It certainly wouldn’t be boring. In fact the more 6-0 wins and 100 point seasons the better.

I‘d be quite happy if we won eleven titles in a row, or indeed every title and trophy available for the next 50 years. It certainly wouldn’t be boring. In fact the more 6-0 wins and 100 point seasons the better.

I could easily agree with you, but you and I know full well that that's not going to happen. Because the English Premier League is the most competitive in the world (or at least it is now), and that's what makes it exciting for the world at large (and not just City fans, or Liverpool fans, or whoever).

Arsenal Mania is a funny place. The irony of them calling us an oil club when they play in the ‘Emirates Stadium’ is lost on them.

It's such a tired, meaningless jibe. It really is the last refuge. I'm always tempted to ask, “You run a car or two by any chance in your family? Ah, thought so. Ta for the subsidy, then.”

I think Spurs played well vs Arsenal but were unlucky and vital refereeing decisions went against them. On another day, they could have easily drawn or even won that game. The good thing is that they might be reluctant to help Arsenal win the title...
Fans might be - players are pros, and we're a huge scalp (especially for them apparently as they always raise it against us at their gaff).
Just gotta play to OUR strengths, and try not to be wide open like we've been most of the season (and I include yesterday in that)

As bad as our record is against Spurs at their new ground, how many of the games have been must wins? I fee like they’ll all been at a part of the season where there was still plenty of points to play for.

We know what we need to do at this stage of the season.

Chelsea are winning vs W Ham by 5 goals and have had 14 shots on target :) Arsenal will fear a complete collapse should GD matter going in the final day of the PL season...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.