The Tottenham Thread (Merged)

Re: Tottenham

Give the Europa League winner a spot in the CL if they don't qualify via the league (and by the time they get to the final stages of the EL it'll be too late to half-arse it if they're in CL positions in the league) and problem may be solved.

moomba said:
spurspinter1 said:
What attitude?

I'm afraid we don't have a bench teeming with players who were bought for >15 million quid. You rotated your squad in the competition last season, so have we. Playing your strongest XI will ruin your league campaign so we chose to play some promising talent, in particular, Carroll has made a bit of a name for himself.

And why do you give a fuck how we treat the competion in the first place? We earnt the right to play in it by our leage positioning, there's not really much of a debate there

His attitude going back to April/May last year when he said he didn't want to play in the comp?

Give me quotes or nothing at all.

LoveCity said:
Give the Europa League winner a spot in the CL if they don't qualify via the league (and by the time they get to the final stages of the EL it'll be too late to half-arse it if they're in CL positions in the league) and problem may be solved.

Agreed. Would certainly make clubs sit up and take notice.

They should also make it a pure knockout competition, as it always used to be. That would immediately make it a less bloated, burdensome and long winded affair. And introduce a seeding system.

Finally, get rid of the ridiculous safety net for CL dropouts. If a team can't finish in the top two of its CL group, it's had its chance in European competition and doesn't deserve another until the following season (assuming it qualifies).

The media and Tottenham Hotspurs - one long and very determined wank fest. Same last season.

WTF?

But the Europa is an unnecessary/pointless distraction, and it is a 2nd rate tourney, so who gives a shit about what what Tott do or don't do within it?? If the twitch has opted to bale out early (sorry!) - looking at the state of the prem and more importantly the blatant opportunity to grab 2nd spot behind us (ie ahead of the decaying rags, a perpetually re-building arse, a fading ski's and a still emerging liv etc etc) I don't blame them.

moomba said:
spurspinter1 said:
What attitude?

I'm afraid we don't have a bench teeming with players who were bought for >15 million quid. You rotated your squad in the competition last season, so have we. Playing your strongest XI will ruin your league campaign so we chose to play some promising talent, in particular, Carroll has made a bit of a name for himself.

And why do you give a fuck how we treat the competion in the first place? We earnt the right to play in it by our leage positioning, there's not really much of a debate there

His attitude going back to April/May last year when he said he didn't want to play in the comp?

That's the one.<br /><br />-- Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:07 am --<br /><br />
Harry Redknapp was unapologetic about his decision to rest several first-team stars as Tottenham were left on the brink of Europa League elimination by a 2-1 defeat to 10-man PAOK Salonika.
I rest my case.

mat said:
moomba said:
spurspinter1 said:
What attitude?

That's the one.

-- Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:07 am --

Harry Redknapp was unapologetic about his decision to rest several first-team stars as Tottenham were left on the brink of Europa League elimination by a 2-1 defeat to 10-man PAOK Salonika.
I rest my case.

QUOTES MAN.

mat said:
moomba said:
I rest my case.

Is there actually anything wrong with resting first team players, though?

Mancini and Hughes did the same thing when City were in the UEFA Cup / Europa League, didn't they?

Wasn't there a thread on here about whether it was possible for City to refuse entrance in the competition?

Also Let's see what kind of Team City play in the competition before we start throwing stones from glass houses!

Not being arrogant here, I think it is hard for us not to use a quality team due to the depth of quality in the squad.

Harry has been a bit wishywashy though as he ended up playing close to full strength against POAK. Nothaving a crack at spuds fans just Harry's innitial stance of playing kids ended up with tuesdays team having a strong squad out.
Even many spuds were a bit "huh wtf".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.