The "Trajectory"

squirtyflower said:
vonksbignose said:
Erm, is this not a case of the pot calling the kettle black squirty?
i happen to like both kettles and pots....

oh and the colour black

and by the way, you may have noticed when trolling i don't start posts having a pop at others, just leap to the defence when faced with continued abuse when it should be dropped

Continued abuse?

That seems a bit of an over-reaction to what has actually turned into a useful thread about the use of statistics. To suggest that the OP was attempting to have a go at people is ridiculous!

we all know that there are lies, damned lies and statistics.... I think the chap who pointed out that we were not getting the points and victories one may expect (or hope for) and that the total capitulation to spurs was the final straw is closer to some kind of truth - once you clear out the nonsense about trajectories.

If I was investing that kind of cash in to a business then I would reserve the right to bloody well sack the manager if I didn't think he was doing well enough.

My only criticism of this is some of the press release nonsense about trajectories that we could have done without.

etc

cibaman said:
The trajectory line was a load of nonsense aimed at trying to justify the sacking as being an objective decision. It would have been far more honest to simply say "we've been dropping points to teams we expect to beat, the defense seems to be getting worse by the week, we no longer have faith in MH to spend the owners's money wisely in January and the nature of the performance against spurs was the final straw". Not very objective but much closer to the truth.

hear, hear...

vonksbignose said:
squirtyflower said:
i happen to like both kettles and pots....

oh and the colour black

and by the way, you may have noticed when trolling i don't start posts having a pop at others, just leap to the defence when faced with continued abuse when it should be dropped

Continued abuse?

That seems a bit of an over-reaction to what has actually turned into a useful thread about the use of statistics. To suggest that the OP was attempting to have a go at people is ridiculous!
you are entitled to your opinion
but his statistical breakdown is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard

there are lies, damn lies, statistics and ......

squirtyflower said:
vonksbignose said:
Continued abuse?

Well I enjoyed it - I guess that must make me a "noob who should know better"! Oh well, I'm sure I can cope with it; after all, I know no better!

;-)

vonksbignose said:
squirtyflower said:

Well I enjoyed it - I guess that must make me a "noob who should know better"! Oh well, I'm sure I can cope with it; after all, I know no better!

;-)
i'm sure you do

squirtyflower said:
mammutly said:
Interesting. It would clearly have taken a massive turnaround to achieve the 70 point target and there was very little sign at all of that happening.

41 points would be needed from 21 remaining games, which would mean winning the majority. Not impossible, but very unlikely the way things were going.
we have already won the majority of our games
9 from 17 is a majority
Blank-Facepalm.gif

what if we won ALL the remaining games? we would be on 92 points and surely would be wide of the trajectory.

its really hard to nail dead on 70.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.