The Walking Dead

Wow, this show has gotten so, so bad.

It's story is a joke, it's plot twists are borderline insulting, and it suddenly looks like everything is shot in Canada this season, even though it isn't. Production values were obviously traded off to pay the stars.

I'm done with it, and I used to seriously love this show.

Season 3 picks up through to season 4 to halfway through season 5 which goes average, then season 6 gets going after halfway and hits near the end to where we are now which has gone a bit flat compared to the start of the season 7.

It tends to fluctuate really and go up and down, overall I think the series deserves a solid 7.5/10.

I'm only watching it because I know whats around the corner waiting as I've read the novels, so where people are saying it's gone shit and/or boring I know whats in store so I can make do with the boring episodes.
Some people say things aren't "realistic" which is also a dumb statement, considering they're watching a TV program based on zombies!
They have cut some of the best bits from the novel though and even changed things around which has had a pretty poor effect on characters such as Rick and Carl, which is a shame.

No, there was a time where Frank Darabont kept it realistic in it's tone. Now we've got freak zombies and stupid scenarios that simply defy belief.

This show needed to double down on seriousness, but went the other direction.

No, there was a time where Frank Darabont kept it realistic in it's tone. Now we've got freak zombies and stupid scenarios that simply defy belief.

This show needed to double down on seriousness, but went the other direction.

The show is based on a graphic novel though, so I guess they could only go in 1 certain direction, that which follows the novel, otherwise they'd have to make an entirely different show, with different characters and a different title.

The show is based on a graphic novel though, so I guess they could only go in 1 certain direction, that which follows the novel, otherwise they'd have to make an entirely different show, with different characters and a different title.

I know one of the lads behind the comic(I'm a comic writer myself) and it's not what they are doing with the show, it's how they are doing it. They've taken the glib feel of the original 2 seasons and dumbed it down for a dumb audience. It's descended into parody at this stage. They are literally seeing how long they can string this out to keep the cash coming in. The comic is by no means perfect either. It's purposely written with dumb readers in mind and there's not much going on under the surface in terms of themes etc. But that's what Frank Darabont added, and it went when they moved him on so that they could take the show in this direction.

If you haven't already watched "The Mist", go watch that and see where Darabont was taking the show. The first season and chunks of season two were excellent tv, but after the Sophia moment it fell apart and continues to get worse and worse every week.

Here's how next season will go;

Meet a new town of strangers. Get to know them after initial issues. Conflict between them and a faction. All falls apart and they leave town.

Rinse. Repeat.

I know one of the lads behind the comic(I'm a comic writer myself) and it's not what they are doing with the show, it's how they are doing it. They've taken the glib feel of the original 2 seasons and dumbed it down for a dumb audience. It's descended into parody at this stage. They are literally seeing how long they can string this out to keep the cash coming in. The comic is by no means perfect either. It's purposely written with dumb readers in mind and there's not much going on under the surface in terms of themes etc. But that's what Frank Darabont added, and it went when they moved him on so that they could take the show in this direction.

If you haven't already watched "The Mist", go watch that and see where Darabont was taking the show. The first season and chunks of season two were excellent tv, but after the Sophia moment it fell apart and continues to get worse and worse every week.

Here's how next season will go;

Meet a new town of strangers. Get to know them after initial issues. Conflict between them and a faction. All falls apart and they leave town.

Rinse. Repeat.
Is there any long term plot in the comics or the tv show do you know? For me now, it needs an end goal, something that can actually bring it to an end, whether that be a good or sad end. Sad being Karl doesnt meet a grizzly death.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.