Theo Walcott, would you have him at City?

aguero93:20 said:
Dax777 said:
FantasyIreland said:
[quote="Dax777]
Well we paid 26m for Milner

16m plus Ireland.

I agree about the Ox,however,id sooner pay the extra and get Sterling or,ideally,Bale.
My bad 24 million.

Personally, I'd take Sterling over Bale. I just think he brings that attack the defender talent that Vale doesn't bring. Bale is more speed, crossing and shooting. But at 20? Is he, I believe he has a great chance of being special. Right now he's my #1 choice at winger addition.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Really? Mine's Messi.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
1. I don't consider Messi a winger. Simply the GOAT. :)
2. I still see Messi as a dream, and I try not to take the link seriously.
So bar the impossible, Sterling is 1, and as opposed to what you said on a different thread, Lucas Moura is a very close 2nd.

bluechampion7891 said:
.A. said:
Id rather we avoid Walcott, ditch Navas and sign Pedro from Barcelona; perfect player to play in a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 for us.

Arsenal have too many injuries for the entire squad to be crocks, it's clearly their training methods are flawed.

we should sign whoever barca wants to replace pedro with (unless its a youth promotion)

pedro is good but IMO a level below sanchez so it would be an OK-ish signing (but expected sort of given our recent windows)

Navas is OK as a rotation option. I would keep him another season till Barker/Ambrose are ready for a squad spot

The last truly great Barcelona team featured Pedro as a starter; it's when they went all galactico at his expense their team became mortal. Sanchez, Neymar and to a lesser extent Suarez (who's a great team player) lack his willingness to run beyond without the ball, creating space for Messi to exploit. Aguero in the middle of a 4-3-3 with such players wide of him would make both him and us more dangerous, especially in Europe.

Navas always gives 100%, but if we are going to evolve into a more complete team, we need our wide players to be genuine goal threats.

Regarding Milner's truevalue and price paid, we've had 5 years of diverse service in which he's been crucial for us in big games over that period. With Navas, 18 months in and he just isn't dangerous enough to warrant a place in our team. Milner's touch is rigid sometimes, but he's a far more intelligent in his movement and final ball than Navas, as well as being the perfect foil for the genius of Silva.

Jaxite said:
Rather have Ox

Ox doesn't have a contract running out. Walcott does and wants out, he will only stay if he cannot get a top club. IMO he is a no brainer, cheap to buy if not get for free in 2016, English, quick, pacey and prime still to come.

He'd be a great addition .. equally good as striker or winger .... would be an upgrade on Navas with same sort of pace and would certainly score a lot more goals .... Hope we're monitoring his situation, a much more realistic target than stirling ...

How come people have the slightest interest in signing Walcott and Wilshire? Look at their injury record the past few years for god's sake. What makes anyone think they'll miraculously change their fragile nature?

No. Injury record isn't good and he's not even the best winger at Arsenal, Oxlade-Chamberlain is much better.

Pringletelli said:
No. Injury record isn't good and he's not even the best winger at Arsenal, Oxlade-Chamberlain is much better.

He's really not. Walcott has often been criticised during his career as lacking end product, criticism that's justified imo but the Ox is even worse in this regard. Most Arsenal fans will tell you the same, He can take a few players on and score a great goal every now and again but when he starts he rarely produces anything noteworthy and is highly inconsistent. He's essentially what Adam Johnson was for us, And the same has happened to him in terms of the majority of fans that arenn't Arsenal fans think he's better than he is whilst most Arsenal fans recognise his limitations and are more than happy for him to start most games on the bench. He's a good option to bring off the bench for the last 10 minutes but not a starter.

Walcott is an upgrade on Navas, would be cheap, fills the quota and is adaptable in that he can play upfront too (we haven't had genuine raw pace upfront since bellamy) He makes intelligent runs especially from wide behind/inside the defence, Silva would have a field day. We should be all over this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.