This weekends other Prem Games 7th & 8th December

Re: Arsenal Thread 2013/14

gooner2 said:
We also had loads of matches with both league and champions league and yet have coped fine even with many injuries. Mate we are only going to get strong and stronger.
That's not what I saw today.

gooner2 said:
You and chelsea are only one good enough if you get your act together to put any pressure on us. But so far neither of you are winning more then three matches in row before drawing or losing. You going to have go on more sustained runs to keep pressure on us.
That's what happens when you count your chickens...

ek13 said:
Results like today are why im still not convinced we will win it. Ok, we didn't lose, but to drop points at home in our supposedly tantalising form isn't what contenders should be doing. Everton pretty much came at us today, and we looked like we didn't like that, so im literally shitt*ng myself as to what Man City might do next week. Players look tired, and having CJ at RB isn't ideal when Bacary's not playing. A real investment needed in January if we are to think of mounting a challenge, but because I don't think we will be adding much, I have very little expectation of us finishing top.

Mate we faced a quality top six team who beaten chelsea and united and will be touch for anyone to play . we stopped their big man scoring and they deserved a point.

we were not at our best but we still five points clear which is point more then the start of the weekend.

So overall pretty happy. onwards to big couple of games coming up.

Manchester_lalala said:
I can see Everton getting top four this season. 4 points from there last two away games is brilliant for them. Back line is solid, options in midfield and lukaku who had a quiet game but he could had a few still.

Worry for them is their finishing. They were the better team today and without our goalkeeper we would have lost. we would have been lucky to have won to be honest.

their best team we faced bar dortmund this season. outplayed us at times.

El Mago said:
MSP said:
I guess Martinez proved himself finally to those that thought he was not good at Wigan. His next job is going to be one of big ones.

Martinez inherited a mid-table team, spend little money and managed to get 28 points

Pellegrini inherited the former Champions, spent 100 mill and only managed to get one more point than Martinez.
Tell you you're not serious?

Marvin said:
Great performance by Everton. Deserved a point if not more

Lukaku is a handful, but his quality isn't great. He's getting loads of plaudits at the moment, but if they had a top class striker they'd be even more of a threat. Sometimes his use of the ball is poor

Hes a baby... and top interview by martinez. you really cant hate this guy...

gooner2 said:
ek13 said:
Results like today are why im still not convinced we will win it. Ok, we didn't lose, but to drop points at home in our supposedly tantalising form isn't what contenders should be doing. Everton pretty much came at us today, and we looked like we didn't like that, so im literally shitt*ng myself as to what Man City might do next week. Players look tired, and having CJ at RB isn't ideal when Bacary's not playing. A real investment needed in January if we are to think of mounting a challenge, but because I don't think we will be adding much, I have very little expectation of us finishing top.

Mate we faced a quality top six team who beaten chelsea and united and will be touch for anyone to play . we stopped their big man scoring and they deserved a point.

we were not at our best but we still five points clear which is point more then the start of the weekend.

Play like you did today against us Saturday and that 5 point gap will soon be 2.

El Mago said:
MSP said:
I guess Martinez proved himself finally to those that thought he was not good at Wigan. His next job is going to be one of big ones.

Martinez inherited a mid-table team, spend little money and managed to get 28 points

Pellegrini inherited the former Champions, spent 100 mill and only managed to get one more point than Martinez.

Yes and no.I wouldn't say Everton were exactly 'Mid-table.' He might not have spent a lot but he has gained three top players on loan,without whom he would probably not be doing as well.

For me the jury is out on Pellegrini and he will be judged at the end of the season on where we finish and if we win anything.

taconinja said:
cleavers said:
dronefromsector7g said:
Can see a 3 or 4-0 and their confidence shot.

*crosses fingers*
You might want to cross more than that, it will be a tight game, no 3's or 4's next week. We play as we can, we should win, but we need a full compliment of players to pick from, and its a far more important game than Tuesday night.
I wouldn't be bothered if we started our academy team against BM.
Unfortunately some of them will have to play the Bayern U21's, so we can't play them all.

gooner2 said:
ek13 said:

Irrespective of everything you just said, today was a must win game. We play MCFC and Chelski in quick succession, where that point difference can be easily removed. Factor that in, and you will see why we cant possibly say we will win it. This was a team who choked today, we could of added security for our upcoming games. Another one of the big six played, and again, we do not win. Very worrying if you cant pick up three points at home when you want to be seen as contenders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.