Tip of the iceberg, thin end of the wedge etc etc?

fbloke

So UEFA are kindly keeping the national teams alive out of the goodness of their hearts then?

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9432491.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9432491.stm</a>

The Football Association has agreed a deal to let Uefa sell television rights for England international qualifiers.
The deal is thought to guarantee the FA around £100m over four years.
All 53 Uefa members will now have TV rights for Euro 2016 and the 2018 World Cup sold collectively by European football's governing body.
FA general secretary Alex Horne said: "We thought it through long and hard and we have got a good deal for ourselves out of it."
Speaking at the Uefa conference in Paris, Horne said: "We have gone into this with our eyes wide open. It is a creative idea and we believe it will work.
"It is higher than the current valuation of our rights."

The knock-on effect will be guaranteed revenue for each association
Michel Platini
Uefa president Michel Platini said centralising the match rights was "essential".
"It is a project aimed at protecting and developing national team football," he said.
"The knock-on effect will be guaranteed revenue for each association."
Details surrounding the sale of FA Cup rights has yet to be finalised.
It is thought they will be sold in parallel with the England rights to ensure they do not lose their value.
The FA's last four-year deal for England and FA Cup rights, which was signed in 2008, was worth £575m.

I like it. All international FAs then get the same amount of money (if I'm understanding this correctly), which puts them on an even platform developmentally.

So they agree a 4 year deal for 100m, down from a similar length deal worth 575m and its a good deal?

Not a cat in hells chance of the FA cup generating the shortfall imo.

Strange one this and i wonder if it is the first step in UEFA trying to organise deals for member associations and their respective leagues as well?

Damocles said:
I like it. All international FAs then get the same amount of money (if I'm understanding this correctly), which puts them on an even platform developmentally.

My fear is that none of the national associations will benefit fully from the price gained by central negotiations.

Perhaps I am being a tad unfair suggesting that UEFA will take a big fat slice of these revenues?

Then again perhaps not?

Good point. You're a bit more cynical than I am over football administrators. I like to think that they aren't all scamming, pencil pushers who would barely recognise a football if Christian Vieri slammed a free kick straight into the vacuous gap where their genitalia used to be.

Damocles said:
Good point. You're a bit more cynical than I am over football administrators. I like to think that they aren't all scamming, pencil pushers who would barely recognise a football if Christian Vieri slammed a free kick straight into the vacuous gap where their genitalia used to be.

They could make cost savings by no having such swanky offices (plural BTW) using taxis not chauffeur driven limo's and Travel Lodges not 5 star hotels.

Imagine how many youth development programmes that could pay for.

fbloke said:
Damocles said:

They could make cost savings by no having such swanky offices (plural BTW) using taxis not chauffeur driven limo's and Travel Lodges not 5 star hotels.

Imagine how many youth development programmes that could pay for.

Fucking parasites they are. Over-dressed, over-fed, over-indulged pieces of human waste who are stealing money out of the pocket of kids in developmentals in third world countries.

Hope they all eat too much expensive shrimp and have a life threatening case of fecal vomiting.

In fact, pretty sure that Platini and his UEFA colleagues must have a severe case of this as shit has been positively streaming from their mouths for a good few decades now.

Damocles said:
except the costs in some countries are considerably higher than in others, different taxation regimes yadda yadda yadda
it's not fuckin communism

But the FA still own the sole rights outside of Europe though - right ? There´s where the big money comes from isn´t it ' US , Asia , Far East etc ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.