Todays Pitch Invasion. City v Swansea

Let the players celebrate on the pitch. It belongs to them. The stands belong to us. I have to say, as a st holder, the atmosphere has been fairly poor the last few years, so I'm not sure invading the pitch, when we've all known we were gonna win the league for ages, can be put down to passion and spontaneous joy. Seems a bit selfish to force the players off just so a few attention seekers can goad the rags and get on the telly. Just my opinion, expect to get called every name under the sun for daring to have a go at any city fan.

I’m with you on this, people will say it’s a bit of a tradition that we celebrate that way but each time has been tight, different circumstances. Only Blackburn I can think which turned out a comfortable win in terms of score line but the joy of obviously being promoted. Maybe West Ham too but it was still winning the league on the last day of the season. I think it shouldn’t happen unless it’s a last minute winner against them, to win the league where people’s emotions may get the better of them.

Let the players celebrate on the pitch. It belongs to them. The stands belong to us. I have to say, as a st holder, the atmosphere has been fairly poor the last few years, so I'm not sure invading the pitch, when we've all known we were gonna win the league for ages, can be put down to passion and spontaneous joy. Seems a bit selfish to force the players off just so a few attention seekers can goad the rags and get on the telly. Just my opinion, expect to get called every name under the sun for daring to have a go at any city fan.

Whilst I understand why fans would want to go on the pitch if we win the league against the rags, I agree with BBP on this.

In the first instance it’s hardly spontaneous when people are already debating whether to do it or not but secondly, if they do, the players would be shepherded down the tunnel and most likely won’t come back out. It’s not the last game of the season so there is no need to.

However, if the fans remain in the stands it allows the players to go ‘round the pitch to acknowledge their support - and celebrate winning the title whilst the rag fans have to watch. They can’t leave until after we’ve gone so they’d have to listen to the refrains of naaaaah, naaaah, naaah .... City! Just as they had to when we beat them 1-0 in 2012 when the world watched on.

No not at all.
Ive done pitch invasions at Lords with Lancashire. I get it, just feel that we did it in 2012 and 2014. Why do it again when it has potential to create a full scale riot and tarnish our celebration?

you miss my gist, whether or not i approve of pitch invasion is irrelevant. I wouldn't deem someone else enjoying a euphoric occasion as pathetic and i certainly wouldn't be pompous enough to put it on a message board.

That's because they have been the last game of the season and not against the rags. After West Ham last night the FA will take a repeat by any club as a serious incident and the club will get sanctioned. It will also be a stupid way for a City fan to get themselves banned. But if adults cannot celebrate success in the stands and have to do it 20 yards away on the pitch they must consider it a small price to pay for a couple of minutes of childishness.
Whilst I do agree with the context of what you posted, I take issue with some of your minor points.

If the FA can’t distinguish between mindless cockneys’ violent invasions and good natured Mancunian celebrations then the organisation is not fit for purpose.

Also, if our previous celebrations are childish then I am a very immature 45 year and judging by the footage we possess either some extremely childish middle aged/older fans or fans that are aging even worst than me!

I've never really understood pitch invasions, except the one at the end of Escape To Victory obviously.

I'm not sure I'd feel any happier on the pitch than in the stands, I've never stood there at Wembley and thought that it really needed folk running around when we'd won.

I mean when my kids were born I never felt the need to run around next door's lawn or anything

Personally I thought the end of the game in 2012 was ruined by the fans who ran on the pitch.
The players began wild celebrations and it would have been great to see them going wild and showing their passion for the win in front of us.
That was ruined by those selfish enough to stop others enjoying the moment.

If you watch the highlights some of the players are in a huddle unaware of fans on the pitch until someone slides at speed along the floor and into one of the players, and they were like 'wtf?'. Fortunately no one was injured.

I pay to watch the team, not the fans and I feel I was robbed of enjoying the players celebrating.

Of course selfish is as selfish does, so they will ignore the other fans, the players and the club and do as they please, which is selfish.

Last edited:
I don't think any team, anywhere, will ever beat the end of the 2011-2012 season - and I don't care what anybody says, that fully warranted a pitch invasion.

I still get goosebumps when I hear the commentary of Aguero's goal, and I still get a little bit emotional when I watch it.

That said, I don't think winning the league this year is anything like it - yes, we'll do it in spectacular fashion but I doubt I'll be running down from my seat to the pitch if we win before/after the Derby.

We'll have a few games left to play and as happy as I'd be to have won the leage (again), I think we should keep our cool and enjoy what celebrations the club decided to host after the Huddersfield/Brighton game (whichever is the latter - when will we likely play Brighton, anyone?)

If the FA can’t distinguish between mindless cockneys’ violent invasions and good natured Mancunian celebrations then the organisation is not fit for purpose.

So let's get this straight. After an afternoon of warming up in pubs and a few in City Square a couple of hundred City fans invade the pitch. This invasion has to include an element of our own dickheads. We now have the scene set we are just waiting for the fuse to be lit. You are a 40+ year old fan with good intentions on the pitch. You are right now in your post guaranteeing that it won't kick off at a derby! It might not but if it does it won't be seen as " good natured" by the FA or the club. If you are confident you can predict the good behaviour of football fans after several hours on the piss feel free to go on the pitch. But don't start moaning next August about how unfair guilt by association is.

And just to make my feelings absolutely clear. We will win the league after a season where too many records to list are broken. The league has never seen a team play like City have before. We have caused the opposition to completely rethink how the play us. We caused the current Champions to play a back 6 and to play a totally unsuitable Hazzard as a number 9. The morning after we win the league I want to see every paper and media broadcaster forced to laud our achievements to the heavens, many of them against their natural affiliations. I don't want back pages filled with negativity to City through an opportunity to ignore our success delivered by reasonable fans in control of their behaviour who provided the numbers on the pitch that prevents the stewards controlling the dickheads out there. I can garauntee that the club will not be tolerant of any fan who is responsible for sabotaging the biggest potential advert for City and our sponsors.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.