Today's referee

Vienna_70 said:
I have seen some shocking officiating at the Etihad over the last couple of season, but today's effort was just about the worst, I would say.

Other than Walton who was the blatantly corrupt I've seen in my life in the Everton games, Atwell last season was bloody awful and worse than Mariner I think. A game we dominated even more than today's and...

wG5Wq5I.jpg

fatbloke said:
If anyone had any doubt over refereeing integrity surely today just confirmed what a few of us have said for a few years on this forum. That wasn't bad refereeing, that was cheating. Bad refereeing occurs both ways, not just in one teams favour. At half time each team had 50% possession and we had created the most chances and were without doubt the one providing the attacking intent, yet the foul count was 13-1. No doubt Pidge, The cookie monster and SJK will have their excuses lined up and say he couldn't have been cheating because we still won but anyone who was at that game today surely has to have suspicions over the integrity of that performance.

Excuses? How about the notion that they actually were fouls, and our tackling was mostly shit today? Is that so absurd to consider? Zabaleta's yellow was deserved, as was Kolo's, Rodwell's was for persistent fouling. The only problem was that he didn't give us as many free kicks as we should have done, he let a lot of their stuff go.

If he was so bent, why didn't he send Joe off?

LoveCity said:
Vienna_70 said:
I have seen some shocking officiating at the Etihad over the last couple of season, but today's effort was just about the worst, I would say.

Other than Walton who was the blatantly corrupt I've seen in my life in the Everton games, Atwell last season was bloody awful and worse than Mariner I think.

LoveCity, I'd forgotten about Walton, but I do think today's 'performance' was worse than Atwell's.

And I know that's saying something!

Funnly enough I was in the pub watching the game and an old bloke next to me mentioned he was a qualified re (he was at least mid 60's probably older) and that he had been refereeing for 30 yrs....and we got hatting about the game (as i live in cornwall now you dont get many football fans down here...so he wasnt bias either way)

He said that it was a very poor refereeing performance and that he wouldnt have even given the penalty as the striker clearly played for it and made no attempt for the ball (wish all refs saw the game like this!!!!!!)..

He tried however to stick up for the ref today by saying that they had to make split second decisions etc etc (which evryone knows is true to a point)....however i pointed out that i ref kids games at times and while its not the same pace as adults and pro's (obviously) it was the same job as its the same game and I said that the problem with a lot of ref's at present and in recent history is that they are getting conned way too easily by cheating players (he fully agreed with this)...the cole incident was a case in point and in my view if a striker like Ba today makes no attempt to go for the ball and is playing for the penalty it shouldnt be a penalty...you can clearly see (and i saw it in real time not on replays) that Ba as the ball moves away, turns his hips/thighs into hart....he makes NO attempt what so ever to go for the ball...that to me is cheating

Malcontent said:
Seen worse. If he was bent he would have surely booked or sent off Hart.

I really couldn't understand his performance. Hart thought he was going to be sent off, I was 100% certain he would be booked, and nothing................

Was crazy tbh.

SamTheGuru said:
Malcontent said:
Seen worse. If he was bent he would have surely booked or sent off Hart.

I really couldn't understand his performance. Hart thought he was going to be sent off, I was 100% certain he would be booked, and nothing................

Was crazy tbh.

Guess fans booing him through the game made some pressure on him so he opted to not show any cards there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.