Today's shooting in America thread

What's just boiled my pissed was the first question in the press conference.
"Do you think the shooter has mental issues?"

Had the shooter been a man of colour...

Lets see how Trump plays this one if its proven hes a racist ****.

We all know how it will play out.

Trump will step up efforts to categorise Antifa as a terrorist organisation and a threat to American lives. White nationalist terrorist attacks will continue to be dismissed as loners with mental issues. Then they will look into how video games are to blame. Or black rappers.

We all know how it will play out.

Trump will step up efforts to categorise Antifa as a terrorist organisation and a threat to American lives. White nationalist terrorist attacks will continue to be dismissed as loners with mental issues. Then they will look into how video games are to blame. Or black rappers.
Fox is already blaming it on video games.

But again it boils down to why should the rest of the world care? The fix is in the hands of the US people who time and time again allow the gun lobby to rule politics and cut down any challenge to gun ownership. If the non gun owning or gun owning but in favour of controls majority cannot get their act together this will just keep happening.
You can’t have a rational debate because one side is not rational. When you bring up gun control and they say that if you ban guns you have to ban spoons because people use them to overeat which can kill you you’re never going to be able to come up with a solution.

I’ve heard that argument more than once. Our only hope is to win a super majority in the senate and completely ban assault weapons sales while confiscating them from domestic abusers/criminals. In 50 years they’ll mostly be gone.

You can’t have a rational debate because one side is not rational. When you bring up gun control and they say that if you ban guns you have to ban spoons because people use them to overeat which can kill you you’re never going to be able to come up with a solution.

I’ve heard that argument more than once. Our only hope is to win a super majority in the senate and completely ban assault weapons sales while confiscating them from domestic abusers/criminals. In 50 years they’ll mostly be gone.

The issue is that the legal proliferation of them to this point makes it nearly impossible to rein them in now because no one wants the inevitable bloodbath between those who refuse to relinquish them and law enforcement/military attempting to confiscate them. Tens of thousands of Americans would barricade themselves in their homes rather than give up their firearms. I am not joking. It really comes down to that. It's on par with slavery as a dividing point. Repeal of 2A would result in Civil War 2.

The issue is that the legal proliferation of them to this point makes it nearly impossible to rein them in now because no one wants the inevitable bloodbath between those who refuse to relinquish them and law enforcement/military attempting to confiscate them. Tens of thousands of Americans would barricade themselves in their homes rather than give up their firearms. I am not joking. It really comes down to that. It's on par with slavery as a dividing point. Repeal of 2A would result in Civil War 2.
That’s why we have to do it slowly. If you are a domestic abuser they enter your home and cuff you then they take your guns. Let non-crazy non-violent people keep them but get them out of the hands of people likely to be murderers. It’s a start and would save some lives.

Well at least then they might see how useless their little hand guns are against a drone strike.

For the record, I think it's entirely possible to allow weapons and have sensible gun controls that make these kinds of massacres less likely. Even some gun enthusiasts have proposed sensible measures (banning high capacity magazines, etc) but they are constantly shot down (no pun intended) by the gun manufacturers. Sorry, not gun manufacturers, that civil-minded gun enthusiasts club the NRA, which is in no way associated with gun manufacturers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.