Our attendances

The fact that so many fans have responded to this thread, from all corners of Greater Manchester, illustrates our catchment area. Whilst City have strong roots in the east and the south (Stockport et al), that doesn't necessarily mean that's where our core support base is. On the contrary. Ask the Salford blues and the Langley lads. From what I gather, we had a massive Jewish following during the Truetman years. Prestwich and Whitefield are as north as you get. In my opinion, we're exactly what we brand on the tin, 'Manchester' City.

Totally agree, we're a club for the whole of Manchester. Which makes it frustrating that the club keep marketing us as an East Manchester club.

Totally agree, we're a club for the whole of Manchester. Which makes it frustrating that the club keep marketing us as an East Manchester club.

I'm interested in why you think this. Clearly we're a stakeholder for East Manchester but where's this marketing you refer to? For me we just market ourselves as Manchester's club

With the free concession upgrade I expected to see empty seats but watching on tv I could count the empties on one hand in the lower tiers.
Perhaps City have figured out what they do at the swamp and instructed the cameras to pan only certain views because it certainly had me baffled by the attendance announcement of 49k.
Most people at the game seem to agree it was virtually a full house, as I say baffling.

Very much doubt it. We may have had 54k sales but not bums on seats

True, night games are never completely full especially when people are still on holiday in August. But from where I sat it did look that there were only one or two empty seats dotted around the stadium. Usually if the announced attendance is as much as 5k below capacity (and that would be overstating the actual number of bums on seats) I would expect to see empty or half filled rows, especially at the top of the third tiers. But the seats that are usually the last to be sold didn't seem particularly empty.

I could understand an official attendance of 49k, but only if the club had changed its policy and wasn't including non attending season card holders.

Very much doubt it. We may have had 54k sales but not bums on seats
Anyone who has ever organized any large event knows that they can guarantee up to 10% 'no shows'. The airlines always overbook flights to combat this. When too many turn up they offer benefits or cash to take the next flight. City are no different to any other club or organization.

I was there and there were plenty of empties. ST holders probably who never turned up
It depends what you mean by "plenty", Level 1 of the Family Stand was surprisingly well filled for a night game, there were fewer empties in the corporate seats than usual. Even CBL3 which usually has a few empties at the top, was rammed. I reckon it was closer to capacity in terms of bums on seats than the derby towards the end of last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.