Tonight's Forecast....

blue12 said:
They seriously need to be looking at postponing this ,very very dangerous at the moment .

I agree and the worse weather for football is wind could make it a farce Although would feel sorry for any Sunderland fans but at least they would be travelling home earlier

kramer said:
blue12 said:
They seriously need to be looking at postponing this ,very very dangerous at the moment .

I agree and the worse weather for football is wind could make it a farce Although would feel sorry for any Sunderland fans but at least they would be travelling home earlier
Etihad Stands wrap around the pitch so I doubt it will have as much effect as you think. At some grounds with small stands, or gaps in the corners it could be a lottery though

2nd half should not be an issue as the forecast is suggesting that wind speeds will be down to 25mph which is less than they are now.

Marvin said:
kramer said:
blue12 said:

Etihad Stands wrap around the pitch so I doubt it will have as much effect as you think. At some grounds with small stands, or gaps in the corners it could be a lottery though

2nd half should not be an issue as the forecast is suggesting that wind speeds will be down to 25mph which is less than they are now.

Hope your right and being 7m lower than ground level should help

TGR said:
It's 5.30pm and I'm outside the stadium...
It's windy. Very seriously windy!
can imagine, but surely pitch will be somewhat protected from the worst of the wind?

Looking at the BBC forecast re wind speeds : 6pm 30mph 7pm 30mph 8pm 27mph 9pm 25mph 10pm 23mph

It's going to get a bit worse and then improve

paulchapo said:
30mph???? It must be blowing about 80mph here in Altrincham at the minute!!!
Same in Reddish....this is pretty strong wind at the minute here and they say its gonna get worse....surely not, this has got to be it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.