Tottenham not qualify for CL could be bad for us.

Who cares? Bale is a good player but not consistent at all and as over-rated as Parker, modric is class and I think he might go to Chelsea but they would have to pay a huge amount for him so that's not for certain

Prestwich_Blue said:
I suspect Daniel Levy would have been delighted to see the back of Redknapp
Is that because of the tax thing or is there something deeper going on in Totting-ham?

Bluebee2 said:
United aren't as bad as people think they are, are you sure ? United would be all over the place with Bale as he's not disciplined enough like Rooney to stay in position and thinks he can go all over the pitch, have two of them in the same team and you are knackered, Modric is OK but signed a big contract and if he goes anywhere it will be Chelsea.

I suspect it's nothing to do with Bale being undisciplined and more to do with 'arry's lack of tactical nous.
Bale doesn't cut inside because he thinks he should do, he does it because 'arry tells him too.
Tell Bale to stay on the wing and run at people and he will.

I think Modric could end up at Bayern if he is sold. I think he'd fill a need next to Schweinsteigger and I don't forsee Tottenham strengthening their top table rivals. I can see Bale going to Barca. With Alves on his way out (likely) it is isn't asinine to say that they'd switch their island 9 attacking formation from the right to the left.

City do not need any favours from anyone. We will continue to bring value into the squad as other teams supplement their own squads.

Don't see Bale going to the scum their not exactly desperate for a pacey winger, Modric on the other hand I could see them being interested in but could they afford him ? Spuds would demand an absolute fortune.

I have a sneaky feeling they'll move for Cabaye at Newcastle.

As for being in the top four any team that would find it difficult to build a huge stadium would work in our favour long term, though am sure others can comment with more knowledge in regards to club finances than I.

hertsblue said:
Bales diving and antics makes him perfect for Utd
I'd hate to see Bale at the Rags, as I think Ferguson would get a lot out of him. The old fucker likes his wingers, and you could see him utilising Bale to his best.

I want TH to qualify at the expense of Chelsea (sorry Newcastle hopefully next year). I want them to have to juggle CL with prem league and at the same time have Roman squirming that his clubs account will show a fucking huge 30m drop in revenue.

I think that it would be better for City if we had Champions League next season.

The way I see it is thus:

We get top 4 and manage to secure the targets that we want which prevents them from strengthening Chelsea and Arsenal (primarily). Now we want to build a stadium so for the next few seasons we will not be able to make a sufficient dip into the transfer market to foster any kind of title challenge. However, IF we get Champions League then it should put Chelsea's development back a season or two, and we may be able to nick some of Arsenal's transfer targets too, as well as retaining some of our better players that could have gone to United and Chelsea.

The way I see it is that with us building a stadium we will not be a title threat for many seasons to come, but with us getting Champions League then we could also dent the title aspirations of teams around us for a couple of seasons.

Of course titles are primarily won on the back of the quality of your own squad, but going to Stamford bridge will be an easier trip if they don't have Hazard, and doing Arsenal will be easier if they don't have Vertonghen.

Can't find a suitable thread so posting in here.

I spoke to a Spurs fan yesterday who was saying how good the Spurs are. They absolutely outclassed Newcastle as could be seen from the 5-0 score line.

I asked him whether a team is always outclassed if they concede 5 and what about if they are at home?

Apparently out game against them was different and anyway they should have won at The Etihad....

I just left it there to be honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.