Train Price Hike

Last week, I had to pay £165.40 from Newark to Bristol return, and I had to change trains 3 times each way. Nearly 5 hours travelling time to get there, and just over 5 hours to get back; all for a 2 hour meeting.

I could have booked a hire car for less. The only bonus was not having to sit in traffic.

I was chatting to some bloke who was working from home 2 days a week because he couldn't afford to commute for the full week.

It really is getting to the point where you go to work so you can afford to go to work. Ridiculous train fares, petrol prices, every town and city having rip off car parking etc etc

And the money men at the top creaming it.

Last week, I had to pay £165.40 from Newark to Bristol return, and I had to change trains 3 times each way. Nearly 5 hours travelling time to get there, and just over 5 hours to get back; all for a 2 hour meeting.

I could have booked a hire car for less. The only bonus was not having to sit in traffic.

I was chatting to some bloke who was working from home 2 days a week because he couldn't afford to commute for the full week.

What you doing in Newark? so random ! googled it.. seems a s***hole LOL

What you doing in Newark? so random ! googled it.. seems a s***hole LOL
I live in Lincoln. I had to drive 30 minutes to get there and park up all day at the cost of £13.

If I'd have got the train from Lincoln, to ensure I got there on time would have meant getting the early train which routed through London. This would have cost me nearly £330

And yes, Newark is a bit s**t.

The prices keep increasing. Over past 10 years I haven't seen squat done about upgrades. The money is heads straight into shareholder pockets. We have a very old infrastructure compared to Europe. But govt won't do fuck all about it

I live in Lincoln. I had to drive 30 minutes to get there and park up all day at the cost of £13.

If I'd have got the train from Lincoln, to ensure I got there on time would have meant getting the early train which routed through London. This would have cost me nearly £330

And yes, Newark is a bit s**t.

Do you manage to make it up to many City games?

The prices keep increasing. Over past 10 years I haven't seen squat done about upgrades. The money is heads straight into shareholder pockets. We have a very old infrastructure compared to Europe. But govt won't do fuck all about it

It'll take something devastating i.e Grenfell (train stations collapsing) for them to do something, Unfortunately. Our government just react, they don't prevent.

Apparently the train operators can hike it in line with the RPI (Retail Prices Index) cant see them going much below 3.5% if that is the case.

Getting in and out of London these days is a complete joke, allegedly 97% of all profits go back into the infrastructure, that's a load of bollocks as far as I am concerned.. !

And we will be able to buy tickets from little pink pigs! Were that the case then the slight improvements, if there be slight improvements, must be costing the fuckin' earth. But when it's public money that is being expended so none shall be spared. Train operators are coining it in!

Anyone noticed Moston Station. Wonder if the Queen would ever perform some royal duty and have to alight the Leeds-Victoria line at Moston!

Travelled first class from Biarritz to Bordeaux yesterday. 25 quid two adults and 11 for a kid. 2 hours.

The uk infrastructure trains roads airports are all shite. Utter shite. Travel round Europe see how the towns and cities have smooth roads , good trains, nice trams , clean and well kept with flowers on roundabouts and nice it's all affordable. Something is massively wrong in the uk. Turning into an overpriced mess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.