Trainspotting

Chrisja1000

I'm off today, so with my 2 year old being obsessed with trains I thought I'd look where is best to view trains. Went to Piccadilly last time which he loved.

Anyone know any decent viewing spots in Manchester?

Chrisja1000 said:
I'm off today, so with my 2 year old being obsessed with trains I thought I'd look where is best to view trains. Went to Piccadilly last time which he loved.

Anyone know any decent viewing spots in Manchester?

Warrington Bank Quay mate is a good place

Dad used to be into it and yes tried to convert me but I saw sence.

You get the true speed of the trains as its one of the main lines they fly right through

Take him somehwere on the west coast main line, loads of different types of trains (diesels/electrics/freight/passenger), maybe find a bridge or a quiet level crossing, a trip on the east lancs would be fun for him as well.

Are the last two posts recommendations of train spotting or dogging sights?
We need to know.

You always get a bunch of weirdos hanging around Deansgate station.

Not sure why. Maybe it's less busy than Piccadilly and you get to see all the freight trains coming out of Trafford Park?

The national railway museum in York is a great day for the nippers, though fairly poor when it comes to dogging opportunities...

tumblr_lfbxt7Udqo1qe0eclo1_500.gif

Tuearts right boot said:
Saddos all of them. My old fella has a train track running around his house and his house is 25 yds away from the Alty - Chester line. He still checks his watch to make sure they're on time everytime (and I mean everytime) a train passes.
Only the same as me watching the planes coming in over the house. The lesser-spotted Emirates A380 is unmistakeable.

I gave up train spotting in the 60s when I saw 70000 (Britannia) shunting on Ashton Moss. Broke my heart.

Is a fear of train spotters Anoraknophobia?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.