Transfer Window dates

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Manchester1894, 19 May 2017.

1. Manchester1894

Manchester1894

The transfer window opens Friday 9 June and closes 11pm Thursday 31st August
    France, Germany, Italy and Spain open on June 1st and shut August 31st.
    19th June to September 14th for China to prolong the agony.

Now considering Spain seems to get pretty much all the top targets.. should we open it sooner?

China annoys me, just prolongs the pain of the window. Which I love and hate in equal measures.

2. chris63

chris63

ORDERLY
    Dont understand how we aren't open on the 1st like the rest?

3. blueparrot

blueparrot

Doesn't matter when it opens it's only for registration, doesn't stop deals being done before.

4. i went to rotherham

i went to rotherham

Should open on the day after the season closes and close the day before the new season starts.

5. Gaudion M

Gaudion M

Its no big deal. 9 days at the start is nothing really. I think the window should be shorter to let players and managers have proper holidays. I'd go with 1st July to end August. Top clubs should be getting stuff done way before the league kicks off.

6. Eds

Eds

Is the correct answer. All windows should close before the seasons start. Clubs have enough time to get the business sorted without waiting until the last few hours. Any decent player who cares would want a full pre season with a new club

7. ColinLee

ColinLee

It opens July 1st surely?

Edit: ahh -

Although, in England, the transfer window formally opens on 1 July, transfers between clubs in the same league can take place as soon as the last competitive fixtures for the season have been played. However, many transfers will not be completed until 1 July because many players' contracts expire on 30 June.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window

8. MadchesterCity

MadchesterCity

Is absolutely correct