Travelling to Madrid

Yeah hadn't heard that before, tbf probably made no difference as they're lucky if they can rustle together 1500 for an away in Europe! Shocking away support from the Spanish clubs
Yes it's definitely a culture thing, in the past few seasons we've played Real, Atletico, Barca and Sevilla and none of them have taken anything close to a full away end. Sevilla brought about 50.

For a team that get 80,000 fans every home game and suposedly have the largest international following in the world, the fact they're unable to sell 3,000 tickets for an away UCL semi final is embarrasing

Yes it's definitely a culture thing, in the past few seasons we've played Real, Atletico, Barca and Sevilla and none of them have taken anything close to a full away end. Sevilla brought about 50.

For a team that get 80,000 fans every home game and suposedly have the largest international following in the world, the fact they're unable to sell 3,000 tickets for an away UCL semi final is embarrasing

They had about 5,000 in our end according to Bluemoon.

This is all well and good but what if rumours are correct the corrupt bstards switch around the legs due to Athletico crowd trouble . . .

Athletico playing the night after, at which point most City fans would have gone home. Likewise Dortmund fans won't arrive in their droves til the Wednesday. There'll undoubtably be an overlap of City and Dortmund fans in Madrid on the Tuesday/Wednesday but don't think that will be too bad? They're generally pretty civilised aren’t they? As are we.

So I don't understand what the issue is.

As for Athletico, do their fans routinely come out and cause trouble on nights they're not playing, just for the craic?

The away fan experience in Spain probably puts most off.

Fly to Alicante Monday evening , train to Madrid Tuesday … stay in Madrid one night back to Alicante home Friday evening

The away fan experience in Spain probably puts most off.

Good point. If they treat domestic away fans the same as they do foreigners, I don’t think I’d bother going away either if I was a fan in Spain.

In my experience, the pre-match and post-match coppers in Madrid have always been sound, especially with our normal piss up shenanigans in Plaza Mayor.

The robocops at the stadium are different gravy, but you just need to not behave like a dickhead and all is well with the world.

i always stay near the ground so i can walk there and back - was thinking this year of getting the metro. If so, I know the metro is nearby - but what is it like after the game (and the 30 mins we are kept in). Anybody done it? Was it just meander to the metro and jump straight on, or are you joining a queue of thousands and it takes another bloody hour?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.