Trevor Sinclair

It did for me through my howls of laughter at them.............. "oh dear, what a shame, never mind" was how I thought of it............. I'm still not sure if that saying came from a radio or TV programme of many, many years ago, far too long ago for you to remember DD but I am still smiling as I think of that day and how sorry I felt for that lot....... actually I just burst out laughing again.............. they are calling Matron, I'll have to go quickly. ;-)

Just after we'd won it a bloke near me in the stand said "they were already dancing on the pitch at sunderland" and we were all laughing our heads off all night at that thought. Not a single city fan in the world, or neutral, felt even the slightest twinge of sympathy for them. I'm sure Quinn didn't either, but he's a professional commentator who's paid to come across as Impartial. If you start getting too biased in that job you get fired. Ask mike summerbee.

I think that might be one of the most paranoid and daft 'reds under the bed' sentiments I've ever read. I must have watched that 1000 times and never once did that phrase even enter my conscience.
Disagree entirely. Every time I hear it, my immediate response is "fuck off", and I'm not paranoid in any way. In addition, no reds could get under my bed as I have drawers there. Why should ANY City fan feel sorry for those bastards. I'll bet he wouldn't have said it if it had been the other way round.

Disagree entirely. Every time I hear it, my immediate response is "fuck off", and I'm not paranoid in any way. In addition, no reds could get under my bed as I have drawers there. Why should ANY City fan feel sorry for those bastards. I'll bet he wouldn't have said it if it had been the other way round.

You really are paranoid if that thought enters your head. He's not a city fan. He's a football pundit. 5 minutes before he was saying how you had to feel sorry for all these wonderful supporters, the lows that they go through etc.

You really are paranoid if that thought enters your head. He's not a city fan. He's a football pundit. 5 minutes before he was saying how you had to feel sorry for all these wonderful supporters, the lows that they go through etc.
I never, ever, agree with anything you post but for once i will have to. No malice when he said that he was buzzing his tits off when aguero scored

What a great bloke ,he said he had no choice but to support City as he was brought up in Whitefield ,he went on to say every one from Prestwich and Whitefield support City ,I love listening to him on telly much better than a lot of the clowns they have on telly now a days

I was 1 of them from hillock estate who went home and away in the late 80s loved the train back from victoria station and the walk from maine road to town
will never forget the man city vs liverpool in the fa cup quarter final we was in the old 2nd division and paul stewart scoring for fun in that league we was just a midtable team and had a good cup run that season but that fa cup tie will always stick with me when steve McMahon was giving it johnny big bollocks in the tunnel shouting we made you grovel

it just stuck with me even when he played for us I could never forgive or forget that a player would say that sort of thing about a team in the 2nd division at the end of the game they won so unsporting from him. even today when I see Manchester city sitting at the top winning 2 premier league titles before Liverpool I heard that sound and smile

I was 1 of them from hillock estate who went home and away in the late 80s loved the train back from victoria station and the walk from maine road to town
will never forget the man city vs liverpool in the fa cup quarter final we was in the old 2nd division and paul stewart scoring for fun in that league we was just a midtable team and had a good cup run that season but that fa cup tie will always stick with me when steve McMahon was giving it johnny big bollocks in the tunnel shouting we made you grovel

it just stuck with me even when he played for us I could never forgive or forget that a player would say that sort of thing about a team in the 2nd division at the end of the game they won so unsporting from him. even today when I see Manchester city sitting at the top winning 2 premier league titles before Liverpool I heard that sound and smile

That's really bad sportsmanship. What a dick. How did you hear him? The game was on telly I remember but I was in the main stand and have never seen it since.

It did for me through my howls of laughter at them.............. "oh dear, what a shame, never mind" was how I thought of it............. I'm still not sure if that saying came from a radio or TV programme of many, many years ago, far too long ago for you to remember DD but I am still smiling as I think of that day and how sorry I felt for that lot....... actually I just burst out laughing again.............. they are calling Matron, I'll have to go quickly. ;-)

Total stab in the dark, but.......

"Oh dear. How sad. Never mind...." (Windsor Davies in It Ain't Half Hot Mum)

I'm from hillock too pal and there was about 5 or 6 of us off the estate around Roch crescent who went to every home game from 87-90 and a few away games. 93 bus outside the Albert and walk from the arndale to maine road. Loved those days. Love these days too but back then it meant more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.